I'm new to this

Options
Hi all!

I will be 35 on Saturday and have decided enough is enough. I started this on Friday of last week and am down 4lbs so far!! I am 5'2 and started at 178 currently 174. I have set some goals below, do you think they are realistic? I want to push myself a little, but also understand that I will plateau and have a few "bad" days. I am looking to take the weight of slow and steady and maintain. I am not hoping to be supermodel thin, just a healthy weight.

Thanks for looking!

Goal 1- Halloween 160lbs
Goal 2-Christmas 145lbs
Goal 3-Valentines 135lbs
Goal 4-Memorial 125lbs
Goal 5-July 4 120-125lbs

Replies

• jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • Orangatitties
    Options
    You can do it! Stay on track!
  • morgan1981
    Options
    Good luck! It's nice to have goals set. and if some reason you don't reach each goal exactly how you have planned, don't get discouraged. Getting healthy can be tough, sticking to it is my hardest goal,
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it - it sounds like you have really healthy goals and outlook
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb is women lose 1/2 pound a week. That is realistic. Anything more is good but unusual. If you are mindful of this a don't get frustrated you'll do fine. Good luck
  • dianaskin
    Options
    It would probably be more realistic to aim for a 1-2 lb loss per week. Think about it - at 1 lb loss per week, by the end of the year you'd lose 52 pounds!!! (i.e. your numbers for Halloween to Christmas look great...but from now to Halloween you'd have to lose almost 4 lbs per week!). But other than that...just stay focused on enjoying the journey there, celebrating ALL victories (i.e. your clothes getting loose, your energy increasing) don't let a few bad days stop you and think about making healthy choices every step of the way. Best of luck!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight, but I'm not sure at the rate you're hoping for. Instead of setting fixed dates, why not reward yourself after a certain number of pounds lost. I've heard of people becoming discouraged when they don't meet their self-imposed 'deadline'. Just a thought. Good luck!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    happy birthday and welcome