Semi-annoying NSV

Options
So yesterday I decided that instead of taking the bus to my boyfriend's apartment I would walk the 1.5 miles. Which is not really a NSV in and of itself for me, other than that I actually motivated myself enough to do it. The NSV is that the entire time I was walking my pants were trying to fall down so I had to walk while holding them (I looked silly). My jeans are all so big that I have probably four inches of excess space in the waist area, and huge amounts elsewhere.

It's annoying because they're so big I can't even belt them or else I'll look like a drawstring bag/parachute pants combo, look kind of frumpy, and I don't really want to go buy a ton of new jeans right now. But it's also a NSV because when I started doing this way back when they were very tight and now I'm actually comfortably fitting into 14s again after sneaking up close to 18s.

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Great job! If I were you, I would go to a TJ Maxx, or Marshalls and just buy a couple of pair that fit you now. No one will notice that you are wearing the same two or three pair everyday... in fact, isn't that what most people do when they find some that they love?!?!? I do anyway!!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores and Consignment stores are great places to show 'in-between'.:flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good time to hit up Goodwill or the Salv!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Congrats! and ... in your shoes, I would get some thrift store pants. :-)
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Definitely hit up the thrift stores and such. You can find great items and wont pay an arm and a leg.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I get my clothes at Goodwill....I'm just going to outgrow them in a couple months anyway...then I re-donate them =)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores and Consignment stores are great places to show 'in-between'.:flowerforyou:

Yes, this is what I have been doing.............

And ebay. I love gap jeans and I was able to get 5 pair of "gently used" and 1 brand new pair of gap jeans for under $30.00
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Have you tried shopping in your own closet? By doing this, I put off buying new clothes for a while. Eventually you will have to go buy some, but your old clothes might buy you a little time. :) Congrats, BTW!
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You know you were smiling the whole time you were holding up your pants ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!