Fast breakfast ideas

Options
No cooking, prefer low carb....suggestions please.

Replies

• KellysDiet78
    Options
    Im on a NO CARB diet and hate cooking, each morning I stop at the supermarket and pick up the prechopped pack of fruit and then smother a fat free yoghurt over it.. really filling and less then 200kcls - FAT AND CARB FREE..
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I crack two eggs into a microwave safe dish----add salt & pepper (don't mix the white and yellow) and microwave for 2 minutes....It's actually really good and only 140 cal
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually do one of three things.
    1. oatmeal
    2.grits and an egg
    0r
    3. coffee cup scramble, which is 2 eggs, 2tbs milk, 2 tbs cheese (if you wanted) spray the cup with cooking sray, mix the ingredients, microwave 45 seconds, stir, microwave 45 more seconds. done.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs. I boil them while I'm in the shower. Or I Boil a bunch on Sunday and stick them in the fridge to grab on the go in the mornings.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    fruit and yogurt both have carbs from sugar. Boil eggs a dozen at a time and keep them in your refrigerator so you can grab a couple and go :)
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I drink a nutrition shake every day. Today, I made chocolate French toast. Sound totally sinful, but it's extremely healthy. Takes 2 min to prepare.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I like to make omletes but I have the microwave omlete pan (so no cooking). 2 eggs, 2 tbsp of sals, canadian bacon, and shredded cheese. You can also do this in the ramkin (sp?) bowls. Fast, easy, and very yummy! Also Smart ones by WW offers premade breakfast selections that you just have to heat up, you may want to look into those.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt has 23 g of protein and only 9 carbs/cup! It is good with fruit/honey mixed in, but for low carb it is also good plain, with maybe some cinnamon mixed in.

Scrambled (or fried, all you need it a bit of cooking spray) eggs only take a few minutes to prepare and are delicious.

Bacon is good too! :flowerforyou:
  • bandlfox
    Options
    LOVE this idea! Okay all of these ideas LOL! Sounds like I need a microwave dish.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Arnold sandwich thin
    2 slices bacon
    cheese of choice
    1/4 c southwestern eggbeaters
    All done in microwave
    High protein
  • bigapple66
    bigapple66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Blend together a whole banana, fresh blueberries, spinach leaves, a cup of cold water, and a handful of ice. It gives a load of essential nutrients and jump starts your metabolism for the day...
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    an easy thing is hard boiled eggs, i have 2, with 2 or 3 turkey sausage links (ready cooked- just thaw in microwave) and a handful of raw almonds. then have a snack later in am, like berries and raw seeds and nuts).
    also, when i get tired of eggs, i usually switch to chicken or meats leftover from diner, and grab for breakfast. i love that!! :-)
    (when i put away leftovers, i portion them out ahead of time for snacks and meals)
    also---crock-pot oatmeal is great-make it up night before.

bye,
    thanks!
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    egg beaters and a laughing cow wedge. combine both i a mug and microwave. It's the easiest thing I make for breakfast and it's low calorie.
  • arivers4
    Options
    I'm not giving a sales pitch here, but I drink ViSalus shakes for breakfast and lunch. They're super healthy and filling (and I like to eat a LOT, lol). They are low-carb and only 1 gram of sugar. Before adding your milk , it's only 90 calories (I use unsweetened almond milk and it's great - only 2g of carbs I think and 40 calories). I just throw it in a GE Rocket blender (http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Single-Serve-Blender-Silver/15231389) with my Visalus stuff and I have an awesomely healthy breakfast within 2 minutes. If you want to know more about ViSalus, you can go to http://ashleyrivers.bodybyvi.com . The GE Rocket Blender and ViSalus have been GOD-SENDS for me!!!
  • hikuinezumi
    hikuinezumi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do frozen fruit (either summer fruits, morello cherries, blackberries or raspberries) and fat free yoghurt. Just remember to defrost your portion of fruit in the fridge over night. 250ish grams of fruit to 250g grams of yoghurt. Tasty, filling and 140 calories a portion.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Where did you find the no carb fruit and yogurt?
  • bandlfox
    Options
    How long do you cook 2 eggs in the microwave? I really like the eggs in a mug idea, totally going to try this tomorrow. I like fruit and yogurt also, but I eat that at work alot because its easy to throw in a lunch sack. I also eat a lot of peanut butter and honey sandwiches...but its not really a low carb option and I really want to cut way back on those.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Foods have carbs even if they aren't bread or pasta. You have to do your research and make informed choices. I personally dont understand the carb fear. Protein is awesome, but we need carbs for energy. But in the morning I work best best a whole wheat toast and peanut butter and a boiled egg. That is my typical quick easy nutritious breakfast!
  • leia2beav
    Options
    When I'm working I cook 1-2 weeks worth at a time and freeze. I made egg mc muffins basically (bagels and biscuits work too).
  • sgpaschak
    Options
    Protein shakes make an excellent quick no cook breakfast. Try 1 cup of skim milk, 1 scoop of whey protein isolate, a tablespoon of all natural sugar free peanut butter, tablespoon of ground flax seeds, and if you like some fruit (I usually use 1 banana, or 100g of blackberries). I sometimes add 15g of quaker quick oats as well.

Blend it all up with ice and enjoy. Less than 3 minutes to prepare.