Just a bit to lose

Options
Hello all,

I've been using the app for a week and I really love it! I have just a bit that I want to lose but I really like that I can track my nutrients. I mostly care about fiber and protein and one day I'm going to try to cut down on my sugar drastically.

The community here looks great and supportive and I hope we all reach our goals! We can do it together :-)

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

Best wishes
  • seastreifel
    Options
    I'm new too, only been on for 4 days but I'm excited about the site and what it has to offer.

One thing I recently started was taking Benefibre Shape Management (I bring this up because you mention you are looking to increase your fibre intake):
    I read in a Weight Watchers magazine that fibre can help control your cravings as well as many other good things.
    I add 1 tsp of Benefibre Shape Management to my 16 oz glass of water with each meal and I find I crave less. I also understand that it helps metabolize fats, carbs, and proteins.
  • seastreifel
    Options
    I'm new too, only been on for 4 days but I'm excited about the site and what it has to offer.

One thing I recently started was taking Benefibre Shape Management (I bring this up because you mention you are looking to increase your fibre intake):
    I read in a Weight Watchers magazine that fibre can help control your cravings as well as many other good things.
    I add 1 tsp of Benefibre Shape Management to my 16 oz glass of water with each meal and I find I crave less. I also understand that it helps metabolize fats, carbs, and proteins.
  • leylaaa87
    Options
    Thank you diaplume2!

seastreifel, you are right about what fiber can do. Although, the most effective fiber is from food. I get my most of my fiber from green smoothies and beans with brown rice. You should try green smoothies, they're a great way to get in some veggies. Also, ground flax is good for fiber. I was putting them in my smoothies but it was getting to be a bit much (50ish grams per day)

I make green smoothies very simply. Right now I'm drinking:
    1 cup of Wyman's wild blueberries (frozen)
    2 bananas (I froze them for creaminess)
    1/2 bunch of romaine lettuce
    1 and 1/2 cups water