50kgs to lose from Australia!

Options
Hello all, I'm very new to this website ... i'm a bit ancy about these kinds of things, but seeing all the success stories is really inspiring! But anyway, i'm 19 (nearly 20) and i live in Perth, Australia, and i'm very unhappy with my weight. I've lost 8kgs since the start of the year, which has brought to about 107kgs, but i've still got a long way to go! my biggest fault is that im not motivated to do exercise, im eating a lot healthier compared to last year, but getting my fat *kitten* off the couch or the computer is a bit tough. i know that i have to coz im very close to getting type 2 diabetes, but im still incredibley lazy ... gah!! i gotta try it tho!!

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! Good luck with your weight loss. Feel free to add me if you're looking for extra motivation.
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    welcome! add me if you want :)
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!
    I'm kinda like u, LOOOOVE to sit on my computer hehe. Since I'm a bit geekish on that end, I added an app on my phone called RunKeeper. It tracks my walking and u can see new records and how ur doing. Kinda fun, AND it's something to look at while ur out walking - gives u real time how many calories u've burned, pace, distance etc. It's actualy kinda fun to 'gather' calories lost! :tongue:

I was overweight before I got pregnant a year ago, and that led to high blood preassure and diabetes 2 during the pregnancy, and I still have high clood preassure. It was NOT a fun pregnancy... My little princess had to be delivered before full term because of my conditions and she was in the NICU for a week being ill.

U have SOOO much to gain getting in better shape, and as far as I see it: U DID the first step by joining MFP!! :smile:

U can do this!! Just have goals that u can reach easily untill ur more motivated.
    No point in going all crazy about it, having realy hard unrealistic goals, for then to fail them after a couple of days :wink:

Feel free to add me, and we can do this together!:happy:
  • chocoholicandbaby
    Options
    Welcome!!

I've just started too and have 50kilos to lose as well. It looks like our starting and goal weights are fairly similar as well! I was really unmotivated to exercise as well and I have found that just starting by doing a bit each day is enough to get the motivation going - and once you start it sort of snow balls and you want to do more. I know if I take a day off then I find it hard to motivate myself again, so just try and take it one day at a time. Even just a walk around the block to start with - and like I said, you'll start to do more without even noticing it, and will end up enjoying it!

Add me as a friend if you like!
  • strongmich2013
    strongmich2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The first person I have seen from Perth... yay!!! Well done on joining. I am trying to lose 20kg + and struggling massively with the exercise component too. Add me and lets motivate each other :)
  • lawlzx
    Options
    Hey there. I'm from Melbourne. I'm a massive geek, but two weeks in and I'm beginning to enjoy the exercise bit. I see it as killing the end boss, he's hard, and it takes a few goes to get it right, but damn it will feel good when he's finally dead!
    Feel free to add me if you want =)
  • SneakyTam
    SneakyTam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. Im from Perth too. Feel free to add me. I need more Aussie Fitness Pals :glasses: