New Beginnings

Options
weebo1980
weebo1980 Posts: 56 Member
Hi i have been on MFP for many years but never really done, it probably, but now is the time, i need all the help i can get. i am autistic and my food intake is limited mosty to prossesd bad stuff!

i am off on hoilday in june is it possable to lose 3 stone by then? i no its gonna be so so hard anyone like to be freiends then i can tell u mu stats ?

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Hi, @weebo1980. Losing 42lbs in 16 weeks is possible, but it's pretty extreme unless you're significantly overweight to begin with. Losing 3 stone by Christmas is maybe a more reasonable goal, or a little over 1 stone by June.
  • weebo1980
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Hi, @weebo1980. Losing 42lbs in 16 weeks is possible, but it's pretty extreme unless you're significantly overweight to begin with. Losing 3 stone by Christmas is maybe a more reasonable goal, or a little over 1 stone by June.

i am at the heavier end of the scale at 294lb

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find it hard to predict an exact time frame. Instead, plug everything in, do your best to stick to the numbers it gives you (add in some exercise), and see where it goes. Your weight will fluctuate up and down, so a weigh-in app like Happy Scale helps show your predicted rate of loss, but that can change based on your numbers.

Just remember, slow loss is better than fast. But any loss is good. Eventually you will start to feel better and better (hopefully sooner than you were expecting).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    People will tell you it's all about the calories but unless your willing to change the calorie dense, low nutrient highly processed food that you seem to say makes up most of your diet most people in that situation will just feel hungry and give up, especially month after month and hopefully you recognize that and are willing to give up some of the sweets and crisps and try to eat more whole satiating foods, there's got to be some you like. Good luck :)
  • weebo1980
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Personally, I find it hard to predict an exact time frame. Instead, plug everything in, do your best to stick to the numbers it gives you (add in some exercise), and see where it goes. Your weight will fluctuate up and down, so a weigh-in app like Happy Scale helps show your predicted rate of loss, but that can change based on your numbers.

Just remember, slow loss is better than fast. But any loss is good. Eventually you will start to feel better and better (hopefully sooner than you were expecting).

Thank you your right just do my best and I will look into that app to is it very helpful?