More exercises needed in main list

Options
Hi there. My main exercise routines are based on a rotation of exercise DVDS (the ones by Beachbody and Jillian Michaels, for the most part), and they often involve cardio and strength training in one workout, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to accurately enter my exercise. I would like to suggest that new categories of exercises be added that more accurately portray the current trend in exercise videos, which is to combine cardio and strength, and that some of the popular DVD exercise programs be added into the database. Thanks for any advice or help with this!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    you can use a HRM and enter it in as the name on the DVD, or you can use a general input such as circuit training, or aerobics.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use this equation I found online on how to calculate calories burned by your heart rate. I use a cheap Omron heart rate monitor I found on Amazon. I had been cheating myself of cals burned :grumble: I enter my own exercises on the Exercise tab.
  • Chef2B
    Options
    At the time I started doing more of those type of workouts, I looked up different types of workouts. I found that the circuit training under the cardiovascular type workouts was closest. After all, I don't take the calorie counts as verbatim, I use it as a guide of where I stand. I think it's pretty hard to accurately put all the exercises in, considering MFP doesn't give any calories lost for weight training. But when you look up other counters, they tell you at least a general number a person may burn during a length of time for weightlifting.
    So, to be on the safe side, don't take the numbers for ALL that it says, but let it be a good guide to understanding where and how you're doing, day in and out.

Good Luck!!
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I do have a heartrate monitor (somewhere), so that's good to know! Best of luck!

Please add me as a friend--I'd like to build my support group. :)