Hi I need help...

Options
...I have tried the 'lemonade diet/ master cleanse' everything and can't seem to lose weight, now I have to go gluten free as from tomorrow and haven't a clue where to start as I live for bread, pasta, etc. Any suggestions? Have tried all the GF breads here in the UK and they're horrid!!

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    How was the lemonade diet/master cleanse?? Have been pretty curious about it....how long did you do it? Did it make you feel sick? Did you see ANY results from it?
  • Beti30
    Options
    Eat smaller portions and you have to work out. It's 80% of what you eat thats matters
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    An easy gluten-free option is corn pasta - delicious, too, as are buckwheat and rice noodles.
    As far as breads go, amaranth bread is a personal favourite - there's at least one brand sold in most branches of Tesco.

(I should note that I don't suffer from coeliac disease, but have a couple of friends that do, so research gluten content for some of my recipes.)

A bit of quick Googling for gluten-free grains turns up plenty of helpful resources such as http://www.wholegrainscouncil.org/whole-grains-101/gluten-free-whole-grains
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi there, the store-ready gluten free products are often higher one carbs and cals than regular glutenious products, so not realy a big loss :wink:
    Have u tried millet or/and quinoa? Lentles of different sorts? They are all good with different pasta sauce and in salads.

U can easily bake glutenfree bread that's a lot healthier than the finished ones. Just blend wholegrain glutenfree flour with a pinch of salt, tbsp of olive oil, water and baking soda or yeast, into a mushy wet sticky doug and poor it into a bread baking pan. Into the oven for about 40 minutes on 200 degrees, and voila! U have bread!! :wink: Add olives, sundried tomatoes, herbs, whatever u like into the doug.

There's also low-carb breads that are made of milled seeds and eggs, not that yummy tho... :indifferent:

Not sure if u have the brand Semper in the UK? They've got good gf pasta :wink:

Good luck, and feel free to add me! :happy:
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    why do you need to go gluten free? and if you really have to.... why do you need to have bread?

Iv not had bread for a while now because im intollerant to gluten and yeast etc and there are a lot of substitutes but can have more calories than the normal stuff.

if you want to lose weight then try to cut down on the carbs and up your protein. you wont find any gluten in chicken or fish or beef. if your desperate for something carby then have a sweet potato or some rice. fill up on veg. once you get past the first couple weeks youll be so used to not needing that stuff in your diet. Make sure your snacking in between meals on veggies and high protein foods to keep your energy levels up and this will reduce your tendancy to binge of the carbs

besides in the UK gluten free is so flippin expensive! but if you must.... genius bread tastes exactly like the real thing. :o)
  • Dewey66
    Dewey66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last night I fixed spaghetti using gluten free, rice spaghetti. It tastes just like flour based pasta to my wife and I. Used prego mushroom sause with a side of 6 oz skinless and boneless grilled chicken breast.