Newbie needs some help....

Options
Hello! My name is Amanda and I have a question. Ok I have my calories for the day then it adds calories after I work out. Those extra added calories is where I am confused. Do I HAVE to eat those added calories or not? Am I not helping myself by not eating them?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amanda and I have a question. Ok I have my calories for the day then it adds calories after I work out. Those extra added calories is where I am confused. Do I HAVE to eat those added calories or not? Am I not helping myself by not eating them?

Thanks for the help!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    the site says to eat them however some people do some people dont ..you have to go with what works best for you...personally i do not eat them.:drinker:
  • Blue50
    Blue50 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes you are supposed to eat them.
    It is preferable to plan ahead and eat them through the day.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Only if you are hungry and your body needs those extra calories...not feeling hungry and eating just to get to the "goal number" doesn't make much sense, right? If I am hungry, I eat them and if not then I don't!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    very informative link here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

if you are very obese, it is okay to have a begger deficit (not eat them) if you choose.
    if you have less to lose, you need to eat them.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I always vary with eating it or not. I don't want my body to get stuck, so every once in a while I will eat them to jump start something. I do not eat them all the time tho.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!! I ate most of them today (left 175 remaining) and let me tell ya I wanted to puke! BUT I do not feel as sleepy tonight like I have been. I don't think I could do it everyday but I will a few times a week :)

Thank you all again!
    Amanda