Weigh-in

Options
I have a question about weigh-in days. I wanted to get peeps opinions on when is the best day to weigh? I have a bad habit of weighing myself everyday but I am trying to break out of that and only want to weigh myself once a week (2 times max). Also..is it best to weigh yourself in the morning or the evening...or mid-day? Just want some opinions..thanks!

Replies

• tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I decided to use Friday since its before the weekend and I don't go hard on the weekend with my eating. I still stay in the boundaries, but tend to lax off a little. If I weigh myself on fridays, then I see how good I am doing and it makes me keep away from REALLY bad things.
  • KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning! And I personally think Friday morning is a good time :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I decided to use Friday since its before the weekend and I don't go hard on the weekend with my eating. I still stay in the boundaries, but tend to lax off a little. If I weigh myself on fridays, then I see how good I am doing and it makes me keep away from REALLY bad things.

me too
  • cheri868
    Options
    I usually weigh once a week (usually on Sundays) first thing in the morning, as we tend to weigh a little heavier in the evenings due to water retention etc.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, before you eat, after you use the potty, and with no clothes. The day really doesn't matter just make it the same each week.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I always go for morning, before eating and after 'using the bathroom', preferrably naked. What you see on the scale is a combination of your body and everything in and on it right then. I want to see a number that represents 'me' and not so much 'everything else' if possible. :-) I weigh almost every day but I know a lot of people are not a big fan of weighing so often. I think it just depends on the person. Some prefer to weigh about once a week and see a nice big change in the numbers, some, like me, are motivated by seeing even a tiny change day-to-day. The thing about weighing daily though is that sometimes you won't see a drop at all or will even see a bigger number for a few days. I take heart in knowing that in a couple of days, my scale normally catches up to where I knew it should have been the whole time. I have been losing around 1 lb every 4 days but sometimes for 3 days it won't move at all, then all of a sudden on the 4th day it is down a lb from my previous lowest recorded weight. I only write down the weights that are lower than the previous one, I don't count the days that the scale is up for whatever reason when I *know* I've been doing everything I'm supposed to do. I just find it fascinating to watch the numbers change. :-)
  • mfdixon
    Options
    I understand its better to weigh in the morning when you 1st get up. Days of the week I suggest Monday morning after a weekend and Friday morning before the weekend. We all seem to do well during the week. This way you can understand what weekend relax eating does for your progress. Good Luck.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Some weigh before the weekend because they aren't as "good" over the weekend. I personally weigh on Sunday morning because Sunday is my cheat day, so I weigh right before that. So if you have cheat days, I would weigh either the day before or the morning of that way the "bad" food isn't altering your weigh in. I suggest morning because your weigh fluctuates so much during the day. Same time of day is best no matter when you do it, so if it's easier to weigh in the evening, that's fine. Just make sure to weigh at that same time each week to be more accurate. :)
  • abbie017
    Options
    It's really up to you. It doesn't matter as long as you consistently weigh at the same time each time you weigh.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Thanks for the opinions guys...I have been weighing myself in the morning as well (and evenings) and I always see a pound difference on different times of days (and kind of bums me out) but I will just stick to the mornings :)
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have the bad habit of getting on the scales each morning, but only record once a week. I was using Wednesday as my weekly weigh in but have decided that Friday would be better, for the same reasons already mentioned.

And I also say first thing in the morning, right after the moring bathroom ritual and no extras...so naked...:embarassed: I don't need any extras added to the numbers.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to have my 'official' weigh ins on Monday mornings hoping it would deter me from indulging too much on the weekends. That was not always the case though so in order to keep my spirits up, my 'official' weigh in days are Friday mornings.

I also weigh myself once a day, I really don't see it as a bad habit as everyone else does. It helps me know where I'm heading, either up or down.It motivates me to do better if I see the scale start to climb back up and reinforces my good efforts if it's going down. I don't take the numbers I see everyday seriously, there more of a marker of how I'm doing. I only count my Friday weight.
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You weigh the least in the morning before you eat or workout.

I weigh myself every morning because I have a sodium habit. It's a good way for me to track how my sodium intake is affecting my weight during the week. However, my official weigh-in days are Saturday AND Sunday - particularly because these are the days I seem to weigh the least :)

Don't beat yourself up if you sneak a peak at the scale everyday! As long as you're not dreaming about it or really letting it get to you emotionally, I don't see a problem with it.
  • raaeft1
    raaeft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily before breakfast and after taking a bath.I wear only an underwear while taking weight.