9% 1 vote

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelvin.

So tell us, do you work out?

Do you do it joyfully?

Do you only do it because someone told you that you should?

What are your goals?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    I live to workout. I workout everyday. One body part per day and won't train it again till the next week. Cardio of some sort everyday. Total gym rat since 1983

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    I love to row boats and ride my bike.

We have Winter (ice, snow) so I machine row & bike in Winter. It's OK, I don't love it, but I don't want to start conditioning from zero come Spring.

Also, I've been doing this for 20+ years. Nowadays I feel crummy if I'm inactive for more than a few days: Moody, depressive, stiff, even achy.

An aside: For a dozen of those 20 very active years, I was obese at roughly steady weight. Exercise alone doesn't assure weight loss.

I lift weights or swim not nearly enough, because I actively dislike doing either. But I do some because I want to stay strong as I age, and because rowers have to be able to swim. (Our boats are around 12 inches wide at the waterline - tippy - so they flip sometimes.)

Advice: Find something you like as your main exercise. If you're lucky, that will encourage you to do other things that are good for you.

Didn't vote in poll: Couldn't decide whether neither were true, or both. Probably both.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    It was all about finding the right activity for me. I don't do activity that doesn't bring me that cliched joy -- or at least SOMETHING that makes me happy -- so my workouts come from what I love: running, rowing, solidcore, swimming and lifting. It's enough variety that keeps me happy, and gets me out of the house.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Walking and running are my jam.