Possible NSV?

Options
I don't know if this counts as an NSV, compliment, or some form of sexual harassment but here goes...

I have been working out at a nearby gym for the past week. I always work out in longer basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I don't care how I dress when I go workout for a lot of different reasons but some of those reasons include: 1) I was a basketball player most of my life so it just feels natural and comfortable, 2) I'm already married and I'm not at the gym to pick up guys or look good for them, and 3) I sweat a lot and when I wear tighter fitting clothes, it really shows. So I'm at the gym in my usual workout clothes when an older man (I'm 25 and he had to be at least 50 yrs older) asks me why I wear those types of clothes. I told him a little explanation where he followed up with saying that I should be wearing shorter shorts so I can show off my muscular legs and that he didn't know why someone as young and "fit" as I am should be wearing such baggy clothes. I replied by saying that maybe one day I might dress different, but for now I'd rather keep my legs to myself.

What does this count as? I have been working out my legs a lot lately. I have been increasing some muscle mass and definition in them and losing some weight from my thighs and hip area and I'm starting to finally like the way they look - an athletic type of look. What do you think?

Replies

• brendalyne
    Options
    The remark definitely seemed inappropriate.....BUT....the bottom line is that your legs look GREAT! Take it as a compliment....and avoid him at the gym in future! :happy:
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    He was totally trying to check you out!! That was VERY inappropriate and you need to report him! The shorter your shorts, the farther he can see up them while you are working out! You should be able to work out without having Creepy Old Man trying to sneak a peak!!

On a side note: way to go!! Keep up the good work!! =D
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    could be a little of column a and a little of column b lol... if the comment creeped you out.... but I'd totally take it as a compliment and as a NSV.. Your picture looks awesome and it looks like you've been kicking some butt!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pervert who likes sticking his nose in some one else's business to me!!! Crikey as you said the gym is there to work out in not to oerve on and pick up other people.

Next week go in a onesie hahaha!

It is an nsv because he obviously likes how you look but me, it would creep me out a bit! :s
  • IamEric
    Options
    That's a tough one. Sometimes I give a compliment that I mean no harm with whatsoever and the person I'm complimenting thinks I am either flirting or a pervert.

On the other hand, there are a lot of flirting perverts out there...

I say, take Brenda's advice: accept the compliment and stay away from the guy.
  • sohadiha
    Options
    Ewwww gross. I would have told that man to mind his own ****ing business and leave me alone.

Congratulations on the success though, I just personally hate to be hit on in the wrong settings, like the gym. Next time you should say that I wear these clothes so creepy, lecherous old men don't stare up my shorts and ask him does it really matter what I wear when I work out? I don't know you and I don't care what you think I should and should not wear you sexist prick!

Anyways keep up the good work. Health is how you feel not how you look.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    That there is exactly why I hate gyms. Always has to be some creep, but then again they are at the grocery store too! Great job on all your hard work, and I would take it as a NSV. I also have to state, that if he keeps it up, I would tell him to just leave you alone. If that doesn't work, either go at a different time or report him. No one, male or female needs to feel uncomfortable anytime or anywhere.
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    Ewwww gross. I would have told that man to mind his own ****ing business and leave me alone.

Congratulations on the success though, I just personally hate to be hit on in the wrong settings, like the gym. Next time you should say that I wear these clothes so creepy, lecherous old men don't stare up my shorts and ask him does it really matter what I wear when I work out? I don't know you and I don't care what you think I should and should not wear you sexist prick!

Anyways keep up the good work. Health is how you feel not how you look.

AMEN!