Wine Down Wed and Dinner

Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
So my girlfriend and I have a Wine Down Wed at my house
we make dinner and drink some wine!
im currently not eating meat
what veggie meal can i make.. looking for something interesting...
any ideas would be great... thanks All..

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    You could do acorn squash bowls, cut one in half ,scoop out seends then put a little evoo and salt on it, also cut the bottoms just so when you flip them over they will sit flat you don't have to cut much , first lay halved side down on foil in oven on 375 until tender check with fork. Then I flip it over and stuff it with, a rice,cheese, bean,corn, sometimes stuffing mixture, whatever sounds good to you, you can pack it and I usually have a big mound on the top, it'll stiffen up and be glued by the cheese. then I bake again until the cheese is melted and a little crusty. You can eat everything but the skin, YUM!
  • laurad1406
    Options
    any seafood? make a pasta dish, pasta with spinach, tomato, zucchini, olive oil, garlic.....throw some shrimp in there if you feel like it. super quick and easy, and yummy with a glass of white :smile:
  • Aross83
    Options
    The Acorn Squash sounds yummy.. im going to have to try that... Thank you!
    seafood is limited, i like fish but not shellfish..
  • maryanncolarusso
    Options
    I make this great pot of stewed veg. I first saute an onion in a little olive oil, once it is transparent I add cut up zuccini, yellow squash, whole cloves of garlic and fresh tomatoes. I like to keep the veg in big chunks so they keep their form. You can add a tiny bit of water to the bottom so they do not burn bottom of pan, but there is so much water in the veggies that it will make a thick stew. I add sea salt to enhance the taste. Sometimes I add egg plant deepends on the mood, you can even add chic peas if you would like some protein in it. I serve it as is or over brown rice and of course it is always great with romano cheese sprinkled on top. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    do you like mushroom... i have been using portobello mushrooms a lot lately. they are very filling and so low in calories. i made mini pizzas with them or slice up with a stir fry. you can also stuff them with pretty much anything that sounds tasty and bake.
  • Aross83
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone..
    i really try to like mushrooms but i just cant get them down.