Looking for my crew

Options
I have lost 50 pounds several times in my life, and I know I do better when I’m giving and receiving motivation and I’d love to find some people!!

I’m 33 - I have 2 kids - I am going both low calorie and low carb with high protein! I am planning to take nice long miles long walks 4-6 times a week and do kettlebell workouts as well

Would love to help motivate as I plan on logging my food everyday for 3 months no cheat days!p67tq3za4pj0.jpeg

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!

Keep sticking to your plan, and you will achieve your goals. Make good habits along the way so you don't have to ever lose 50 pounds again. Stick to it and keep it off!
  • hannabrant
    hannabrant Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi there. feel free to add me. i've been on the same roller coaster as well. 44/m 4 kids.
  • ljhamptoncpa
    ljhamptoncpa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Leah. Good luck on your journey! You can do this! Even small, consistent steps add up to huge wins over time. Weight wasn’t put on in a day, so remember to give yourself some grace and time to get where you want to be. Love yourself and the body that you were given. If you backslide, remember that each day is a new day to get stronger and do better. ❤️ (I’m also telling myself all these things as I am just now starting my road back to better health also.)
  • Krisandthemum
    Krisandthemum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m Kristen and have been on a lifelong rollercoaster would LOVE to be in your crew! I’m almost 60 but young at heart 🥰. Would love to
    Send and recieve motivation! Just the fact that we are in MFP shows we are invested! Give it all you’ve got! 🙌🏼 Let’s do this.
  • mommabear4cubs
    mommabear4cubs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Angie. I’m new to the discussion forums but have used my fitness pal on and off. Like you I am trying to build a better habit of consistently using the app. I have 5 kids am a stay at home mom and like you have lost the same dang 50 pounds many times. I started my latest journey 8 months ago. Going at it a different way this time. Normally I have done like you tracking walking and just moving and the weight fall off pretty fast. This time around I joined a CrossFit gym and have fallen in love with lifting heavy! So I am doing high protein moderate carb low fat. I’ve only lost 20 pounds in the 8 months but I am stronger and toner and leaner than I had ever been at this point just walking and cutting calories even if I weighed less. I just realize this time I can’t do it alone. I need support and am eager to support others and motivate as well.