Wegovy newbie

Options
brandice65
brandice65 Posts: 29 Member
I will be starting wegovy tomorrow. A bit nervous about it. Is anyone just starting or has been on wegovy that is using this format to track food, exercise etc. What has worked for you? What has not worked for you? Thanks for any insight.

Best Answers

• Celesteme
    Celesteme Posts: 6 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I am on Ozempic. As I've read it's similar to Wegovy, a smaller dose of the same meds. I started with a small dose and doubled it the next week with no problems. The doctor said I may experience nausea, no problems there. It makes me feel full longer. Less hunger overall. Of course the habits are still needing to be broken but it's easier now. I am a type 2 diabetic. After the first week I've barely taken any insulin. I have to watch that my sugars don't get too low. I'm drinking decaf coffee to feel full. I add collagen powder or Muscle Milk 100 for a sweetener with benefits. No problems. Feel free to keep in touch my close friend just started Wegovy.
  • glp1curious
    glp1curious Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 14 Answer ✓
    Options
    IMO one of the ways to get more comfortable with it is to read more about how they work, side effects and stuff like that! People have already posted awesome threads, but did your doc have anything to give you with stuff to read?

IIRC Ozempic is one with relatively few nasty side effects.

Oh and one thing that's great is that there's TONs of good research out there on the effects around GLP1 drugs like Ozempic:

So like here is what peopkle are throwing around in the media:
    https://people.com/health/ozempic-rebound-is-real-doctor-says-weight-gain-can-be-devastating-after-stopping/

And what the research says:
    https://www.epicresearch.org/articles/many-patients-maintain-weight-loss-a-year-after-stopping-semaglutide-and-liraglutide

Results always differ from situation to situation and person to person, but one of the awesome things about Ozempic and those other drugs is that the high quality information is at least out there!

Answers

• SusannaMTL
    SusannaMTL Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 10
    Options
    I'll be starting Wegovy next week. No advice to give, but thanks for starting the chat! I'll be very interested in any advice that members can share.
  • brandice65
    Options
    Thanks for chiming in. I hope to connect with others that are taking Wegovy, ozempic, zipbound or any others. Question-For anyone that has been on these medications for a bit, do you find yourself not hungry and feeling like you should eat or do you just go with the flow and fast until you are hungry again. Thanks
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    FWIW, there have been some other recent threads with people who are using Wegovy/Ozempic and the like that include experiences relevant to some of the questions y'all are asking.

In case you haven't seen them, here are a couple of the more lengthy ones I saw:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906244/2024-semaglutide-ozempic-wegovy-support/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10886071/ozempic-users/p1

For clarity, I'm not using any of these drugs. I respect that choice by those who do use them as prescribed/needed.
  • brandice65
    Options
    Thanks Annpt77 for the links. Much appreciated.
  • Mywishnow
    Mywishnow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started on semiglutide early in early December. My insurance didn't cover the name brand so I went with a compound pharmacy that made basically the same thing. Mostly my side effects were minimal. Nausea the first 2 days after my first injection and whenever I eat either too much or things that are deep fried. I also noticed an immediate reduction for cravings of wine/cocktails (I would normally have a glass every other day or so and a few cocktails on F/S. All good things. The thing that hit me the hardest was a wave of exhaustion weeks 2-5. Like sign off of work to sit on the couch until bedtime and not be able to function. My body must have adapted to whatever was knocking me out because mid-January I was able to layer in exercise again.

I just turned 60 so maintaining muscle mass is a top priority for me. I build my meals prioritizing protein and fiber. In addition to the decreased appetite, the most amazing thing is that this has quieted all the noise in my head around food. I'm hoping to lose about 25 lbs and then ween off. I have always eaten pretty healthily but A LOT.

Good luck!
  • stacysjourney
    stacysjourney Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am type 2 diabetic and will most likely be on one of these medicines by the end of the month. I am nervous about taking them but I need more help with my insulin
  • brandice65
    Options
    So I am 5 days in now. So far, knock on wood, I don't appear to have any issues. I am on the starter dose. I am still strugglng a bit to not want to snack at night. Learning to balance what I eat, to get enough Protein, fat, carbs etc is what I am trying to do. I am still having a little noise in my head but is going away. Has anyone fasted while on these meds? What challenges are you having while using this along with tracking food etc? Thanks
  • Cali1105
    Cali1105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Started Wegovy last weekend and looking for friends that are also on it so I can stay motivated and learn new tricks and foods to eat that help! LOL feel free to add me!!
  • brandice65
    Options
    I just took my third shot. I have lost 10 pounds since 2/7/24. I have had no reactions to the shot, which I am very thankful. I will be take my last shot next friday and will probably move to the next dose of 50mg. Did you start with the .25 mg? how has it been for you? I have quite a bit to loose so I am hoping to be able to use this to help me get to where I need to be. It is hard to get into the tracking process. lol
  • jogami
    jogami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'll be receiving my first lot today in the post. Will take it on Sunday as work weeks are worse for me than weekends. I'm thinking if the dose is strongest at my weekest days and by the time it's starting to wean off by the weekend it's time for my next shot. I'm also starting on 0.25 and then working my way up. BMI is 35.1 and I'm hoping to lose 21-23 kg.
  • jogami
    jogami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    brandice65 wrote: »
    I just took my third shot. I have lost 10 pounds since 2/7/24. I have had no reactions to the shot, which I am very thankful. I will be take my last shot next friday and will probably move to the next dose of 50mg. Did you start with the .25 mg? how has it been for you? I have quite a bit to loose so I am hoping to be able to use this to help me get to where I need to be. It is hard to get into the tracking process. lol

Well done Brandi! That is amazing. Congratulations that gives me hope! How are you finding the cravings and how have your eating habits changed?
  • brandice65
    Options
    Took my 4 shot of the .25, really have had no side effects. I think it has curbed my cravings. I also have found it easier to fast and have my first meal after 1 pm. I Try and have my last meal by 7. I am also trying to snack. Today I did not eat my first meal until 6:30. I had gone a full 24 hours. Though tonight is our 'date" night was watching movies and had two cubs of Indiana popcorn. I am not sure I can wait until 9 pm to eat tomorrow. I start my .50 on Friday. How is everyone else doing with their plans? I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I am hoping that once I lose more weight I can be more active. Any updates or revalations? Brandi
  • jackiemhood1
    jackiemhood1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just did my first Wegovy shot yesterday. I sure hope this works. I have tried everything else. Was approved for surgery but wanted to try this first.
  • brandice65
    Options
    Jackiemhood1-I would definely try this avenue before going down the road of surgery. I had surgery over 22 years ago, although I haven't gained all the wait back, I gained a lot. I still get sick if I eat anything to rich, to much, still can't eat steak and other foods. Not to mention having mineral anf vitamin issues. I would really keep that as a very, very last result. Was your first shot the .25?
  • brandice65
    Options
    Don't look at my spelling. Yikes. Weight not wait.
  • brandice65
    Options
    jackiemhood1-how are you doing with your first shot?
  • brandice65
    Options
    I forgot to document that I gave my second shot of the .50 wegovy. So far so Good. This Friday I will take my third. Not sure if I will stay at this dosage or go up. How is everyone else doing?