Why must you toy with me grrrrrrr?!!!

Options
Congrats to me for quitting smoking.... it has been one hole month and what did i get from it... a month long cold and a new found case of asthma... ok no biggie but why must I take steroids that make me want to eat everything in sight *pouts*... So now i have energy.... I can breathe again... but LAWRD help me kick this food addiction... 200 lbs and still standing... not where i wanted to be but never to late to start again!! RIGHT???? Anyways thanks for the vent!

Replies

• TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job kicking the smoking habit! :)
  • Ibe_Theninja
    Options
    Thank you... it has been the hardest thing but I figure air was more important lmao!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "It's never too late" is the phrase I put in my profile when I registered here. It has proven true for me.
  • rickyjh
    Options
    Currently where you are!...Your body is showing and telling you about eveything smoking has covered up...The best thing is truely sticking to your healthy eating regime...Will you get frustrated? Hell yeah!...Sheesh I am right now...But consider it paying your dues back to your body for lost time and neglect...Will it get easier??? Yes...I've noticed the craving difference already...That on top of seeing weith loss and afeeling strnger/healthier...

You can do it!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

I quit almost 2 years ago. It is a long hard road for some easier for others. For me, I gained about 60 lbs before I started taking the next steps to lose weight. Once I realized that I could breath easier and both normal and work out activities were easier, I was hooked. The more I worked out and kept myself busy, the easier it was to just forget about the nicotine.

Good for you on taking the first steps in improving your health. Keep at it, take on day at a time and you can do this.
  • Ibe_Theninja
    Options
    Thanks you all... now if I could get my hands to stop being red from me smacking them when I reach fro the fridge hahahaha!!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking!

I quit 4 1/2 years ago and gained 35 lbs. I have started the weigh loss journey now and was able to do it because I faced it exactly like I did quitting smoking. I didn't want to start smoking again because then I'd have to go through quitting again. I don't want to start gaining the weight back because I don't want to go through losing it again. You have fabulous so far! You should be proud of yourself.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congrats on kicking the smoking habit! I know how hard that is. I quit in 1999, almost 12 years ago now. And I was a HEAVY smoker, over 2 packs a day on the weekends. =o After I quit, I gained over 25 pounds within the first 2 years. Luckily, I have been able to take off that weight and more over the past few years. And I never, EVER have any desire to smoke.

My hubby also quit in 1999 but started again when his job took him out of the country. He's been through the process a few times now, but I think the current round is going to stick. LOL He has also joined me in my quest for a healthier body and life. At this time, he's down almost 50 pounds! I am so proud of him.

So two success stories for you. It may not be easy, and it may take some time to get there. But you can do it!! Best of luck to you. :)