What is your favorit workout DVD and Why?

Options
Hi All,

I was curious to see what you all are doing for your plans. I am doing the P90X right now but I know that I will want to move into another routine.

Please let me know what you like the most and which one seems to give you the most out of your time and keeps you engaged and not bored.

I have decided for now to train at home myself instead of being a muscle head at the gym...eventually I will go back, but I am so burned out on working insane splits from my figure training that I just want to do an hour or so of fitness a day instead of 3-4.

I know that sounds nuts to most of you...but if you think I am one of these people that really likes the gym over a hot piece of bread and butter....I have had to work to change that attitude. I will always love bread but my body doesn't LOL.

Anyway, any feedback on your experience would be so fabuloso.

Peace,
Nyla

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Getting a bit nostalgic here, but my favorite video of all time was the original Jane Fonda workout - go for the burn! And you have to love those leg warmers.

Present day - I use a video first thing in the a.m. to wake up the body and ease into the day. It's a Leslie Sansone walking video which I like because it only has 4 basic moves, which is all my groggy head can process so early. I find it difficult to do videos at home because they don't accommodate for the various injuries I work around.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone for me, too! So easy but a great workout!
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible. Pauline is hilarious.

If anyone has done Jackie Warner, I'd love to hear a review.
  • 1grammie
    Options
    Leslie Sansone early in the morning. Gets me going. Super easy moves but still a good workout.
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am with you I can no longer train like I used to, and was so burnt out from cycling, that when I probably should have been exercising in stressful times I could not do it!

So DVD picks:
    Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey (the US pole vaulter) classic!
    Beachbody Slim in 6, (Burn It Up)
    P90x – I like some more than others….but an overall challenging regime with great instruction

Still though I think you have to do something else, walk, swim, something to break it up – I think the only way to a lifestyle change is thinking in terms of long-term and doing what is going to work to keep balance between eating habits, exercise habits, and mental well-being.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Art of Strength Providence
    Iron Core Kettlebells Boot Camp
    Iron Core Kettlebells Warrior

I've tried a lot of different things and this is what I have found that I can stick with. I love that I'm increasing my strength while getting a cardio workout done at the same time.

I like kickboxing things too but don't have the coordination to do it well. I also don't like having to try to remember 62 steps in a dancy dance workout. Blech.

I tried P90X Kenpo quite a while ago and liked it. But I never really got into the P90X series as I was not strong enough or fit enough to do it. Maybe once I make some more progress I'll try it.
  • Keithtron
    Options
    YouTube! Everyone's workout needs are different, and I've watched lots of YouTube videos, and taken bits and pieces from various videos to tune my workouts to my own needs.

Combining that with elements from Crossfit interval training, and tips I've picked up from fitness magazines, has helped me to come up with a fitness plan I'm really happy with.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I loved the Caribbean workout when we had a tv, hard to get it on you tube though. Now it's mostly Leslie Sansone, but I like Skinny *****es videos that a friend has, but I have two rugrats and there is some definite potty mouth happening that I wouldn't want them yelling around the grandparents.... Or church. :-) its hard to find something motivational without cheesiness.
  • catlady100
    Options
    I don't know if it's my favourite...it makes me cry but for some reason i haven't thrown it out

Atletica with Illaria Montigari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmptoeDV9NQ

thinking about trying some of her other dvd, but I'm scared :laugh:

ETA : I ordered her bodystrikes 2 just now. Doesn't look as tough as Atletica, but I've already started praying..:laugh:
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I actually use a few of the 10 minute solution DVDs and find that they keep me interested because I use different ones all the time for different muscle groups and it never gets boring. I dont use the dancy ones, just like the toning ones and some of them can really really make you burn. Some of them use dumbells and others can use the bands and they are great. Sometimes I can do about 1 1/2 hours at a time.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    TurboFire's Fire 45 workout is my absolute favorite.
  • briannaghall
    Options
    I love the Tone It Up girls..Its free and a great workout. Plus they make it seem really fun which is motivating!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire! I also really like Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme and Leslie Sansone's 4 & 5 Mile workouts!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Low Impact Circuit- Cathe Freidrich

Body Max 2- Cathe Friedrich

Butts and Guts- Cathe Freidrich

Turbo Fire 45

Muscle Max- Cathe Freidrich

Basically, Turbo Fire and everything by Cathe Freidrich!!