weight's not coming off

Options
i'm getting discouraged!
i've been eating better and exercising but i just don't seem to be losing any weight.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If you open your diary we can help :]
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged. Its possible you are just holding water. Keep going and the weight will come off. Good luck!

Are you eating small meals and snacks to keep you going throughout the day?
  • jp09m
    jp09m Posts: 89
    Options
    if your working out just remember, muscle weighs more than fat.

i havent looked at your diaries, but maybe your just not creating a large enough calorie deficit? how long have you been at it?
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem!
  • papa5280
    Options
    Hard to tell without seeing your log....

Have you been logging your calories & exercise?

Have you set specific targets for each of those?

Sometimes "eating better" doesn't translate to a specific calorie deficit. It's that deficit that drives the weight loss.
  • FloridaSunguy01
    Options
    Keep going and tell yourself you can do It!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    open your food diary so we can help you by seeing what you are eating dear. You may not be consuming enough..but we can't help if we can't see it.
  • orhstay87
    Options
    This happened to me, too. Measure yourself and wait a month. I also stopped weighing for 3 weeks. When I weighed and measured again I had lost 3.5 lbs and 4 inches!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hear you I have been working out almost everyday eating less and healthier and I weight myself this morning and the scale didn't move I am getting very discourage myself I don't want to quit b/c I just recently restarted and lost 2lbs but since then I haven't lost anything and I really don't know what to do!!! good luck

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ianfoster
    Options
    it will, takes time for some! if your under you cal goal and exercising frequently you may just be on a plateau and moving lateral, you will get to the edge and start the descent, just keep going!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Ugh, NO! It takes up less space, a pound is a pound whether it's feathers, bricks, muscles or fat.

You’re 7lbs less than when you started MFP, define for us how the weight isn’t coming off for you – we need more details.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

i havent looked at your diaries, but maybe your just not creating a large enough calorie deficit? how long have you been at it?

Actually 1 pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as 1 pound of fat, it just takes up less space.

If you are doing everything right and not seeing a decrease in your weight, take your measurements - they may have changed. I have lost almost 20 inches (at last count) and hardly any weight. Do not give up eventually things will fall into place.
  • tmwillit
    Options
    Have you tried adding weight training to your workout? It really speeds up your metabolism and causes you to burn more calories throughout the day.

Good Luck!!
  • skinnyjeansss
    Options
    i've been doing a lot of running, and so i'm hoping that maybe i'm losing inches and not weight. i do need to start measuring inches too. also, does anyone have any suggestions for good work outs that don't involve running?
  • livingston97
    livingston97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There could be several reasons - you might need to switch your workout routine - I see where you just run at a steady pace; you should try cardio intervals - sprinting, then power walk, sprinting, in rounds - 4 to 5 of them in 20 to 25 mins; I usually do 4 intervals, rest 1 min, then start another round. Also - since I do not know what you are eating, you might not be getting enough protein and good carbs; just becuase you eat below your calorie level - you have to make sure you are eating healthy food. You are at a plateau - so something needs to change - try it and see what happens.
  • livingston97
    livingston97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also - one more thing - it looks like you have lost a bunch of weight - how long has it taken you and how long have you've been at your current weight? Keep it up = just don't give up!
  • skinnyjeansss
    Options
    i opened my food diary so i can get a good input. (: also, i've lost about 13 pounds since may, and i'm very proud of that. i've been at this current weight for about two weeks now.