Greetings from Ft. Hood, TX.

Options
Hi all!

Just a quick hello to meet everyone -
I am an Army wife and mother of 1 little boy who is almost 4. We are currently stationed in Texas. We will be PCS'ing to Germany this winter and we are really excited for such a big and amazing change in all our lives! I am trying to lose about 35 pounds at the present, but my total goal is 60. 35 is where I am starting b/c my husband and I would like to have another child, but I need to get myself into some kind of shape first! Better all around for the whole pregnanacy situation. Nice to be here and I pray it helps keep me in check with my eating habits.

-Christine

Replies

• Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My husband and I used to be stationed at Fort Hood! I miss being there. Were at Fort Rucker, AL now.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Texas and to MFP! I am in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Used to be an Air Force wife so I know about changing locations! Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey and congrats on getting to go to Germany! I'm sure you'll find it a great experience! Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • Brandysmith1985
    Brandysmith1985 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! thanks for all your support and your husbands service. 35 is totally reachable, you can do for sure and will feel great about it. I have about 85 more I would like to lose, but closer than I was. Feel free to friend me, the more support the better.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello from Ft. Leonard Wood!
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If I can add any advice on your PCS, it would be to integrate yourself into German culture as much as possible while you're there. I lived in Switzerland when I was 7&8, and again at 14. Going to Swiss schools and having Swiss friends was the best part of it. We were able to do so much more than people who only stuck with other Americans. Have fun with it!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hello there fellow Texan! :) I am in DFW. Welcome and good luck on your journey. It may get tough at times but just stay positive and be consistant and you'll see results. I've been here for 6 months and still going at it...trying to win this battle.