Getting my life back on track

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Melody. I've been using this app off and on for about 15 years. But, I've just signed up for premium and I'm here to stay. I've been through so much hell in the last few years and it has taken a serious toll on my health. I've gone through a divorce and was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogrens Syndrome. I met the man of my dreams and we were supposed to get married. He passed away in October. All of this stress has caused me to overeat, stop working out and just about give up on everything. I finally hit rock bottom when I got on the scale and realized I haven't weighed this much since being pregnant years ago. It was time to make drastic changes. So, I'm getting back to working out, slowly but surely. I'm also eating roughly 1400 calories a day and I've really upped my protein intake. It's only been 1 week, but I've lost 3 1/2 pounds. I'm so excited to see (and feel) my progress. I'm determined to make this a lifestyle change and I will no longer be "yoyo dieting". I have some food allergies and health conditions that make this journey a challenge, but I'm determined to succeed. I would love to hear your stories as well. Also, if anyone has any tips for staying on track, I would appreciate it. Thank you for reading!

Replies

• JohnG5801
    JohnG5801 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know you are still grieving. I admire your commitment to meaningful change! What an inspiration. I too have let stress gete the best of me and thus...overeating!
  • Melukegirl
    Melukegirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. We all deal with different levels of stress throughout our lives. We just have to find outlets to deal with the stress that doesn't involve "eating our problems away".
  • StanDandyLiver
    StanDandyLiver Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Melody. Sorry to read about all the difficult things you've been through. Pleased that you've taken the brave and bold decision to look towards the future and make some positive changes in your life. All the best with your fitness goals, and I hope things are looking up for you in the not too distant future.
  • Melukegirl
    Options
    Thank you so much, Stan. I appreciate that!
  • Dean_IsStayinLean
    Dean_IsStayinLean Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You certainly have been through a lot, but it sounds like you're determined to turn things around! Good luck from another longtime MFP user. You got this!!!! It all starts at the grocery store!
  • Melukegirl
    Options
    Thank you, Dean. I appreciate your support. Yes, you're absolutely right... it starts at the grocery store. I'm eliminating processed foods as much as possible.
  • hawaiilife416
    hawaiilife416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sending you lots of love as you grieve. You are amazing and what an inspiration!
  • Melukegirl
    Options
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate that!!
  • mattWilson2534
    mattWilson2534 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I have been dealing with heavy stress, poor mental health, no exercise, and overeating for the past 7 years and went from 180-lbs to 409-lbs. After a Diabetes Type 2 diagnosis, I decided that I need to get my life back on track before I die an early death. I have changed my diet and started exercising again and have dropped 15-lbs in the past 2 weeks! It is going to be a long journey, and I could use as much inspiration as I could get! Feel free to friend me if you’d like.
  • Melukegirl
    Options
    You're welcome, Matt. And, thank you for sharing your story as well. Sometimes, we just need to be vulnerable. There's always someone going through something similar and who can relate to you. I'm excited to see your progress. Congrats on making a lifestyle change!