I resisted!!

Options
Soo, after gym and some errands today, I was craving an egg and cheese on a bagel from Dunkins. So I logged onto here, and checked the calories, and decided it wasn't worth 550 calories. This would've never happened a month ago..I would've gotten it and some munchkins on the side too!

Replies

• maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    nice job!!! I'm adding you as a friend because we have the same name! :) hahah
  • mrsmichellewilson
    Options
    Wtg....your willpower is awesome !
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I do that too! Calories are in a sense, like money...is that worth x amount of cals or $$. Great willpower!:smile:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Will power is like a muscle; the more you exercise it the stronger it gets!
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Way to kick that naughty food fairy to the curb!!!!
  • phendrick
    phendrick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the same this morning, head for Panera for a Carmel Latte... made the turn, passed it & kept driving.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Way to go! When I do errands or am at the grocery store I'm ALWAYS tempted to buy junk food or fast food especially when i'm hungry! But if you keep up your willpower soon enough you won't even think about going there! :)

Yay for willpower!
  • MadPanda75
    MadPanda75 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    THATS AWESOME! I just said no to cake :)
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Keep up the good work :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Great Job....it gets easier the more you do it!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! I know, I check EVERYTHING on here now. The one day I didn't..stupid Sonic Breakfast burrito nailed me for 550 calories..I almost fell out..lol. So needless to say, now I am checking everything. Way to go!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    And what IS NSV?? What does this mean?
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Kudos!:flowerforyou:

I resisted the breadsticks at Olive Garden today at lunch! I managed to eat there for 460 calories today.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    And what IS NSV?? What does this mean?

I had the same question until I spotted it in someone's thread. It means "non scale victory"--something like your rings are fitting looser, or someone commented about how it looks like you're losing weight...basically a little victory that has nothing to do with the number on the scale. I like that idea, and it helps me to look harder for the small victories.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I resisted the breadsticks at Olive Garden today at lunch! I managed to eat there for 460 calories today.

Give me Salad, Breadsticks and a boat of the alfredo sauce! lol My Olive Garden Kryptonite!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    great job! i do the same thing with checking the food database before i buy food. it's saved me money actually lol cause i never seem to find anything worth the calories so i give up and go home and make my own snacks and food :-)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Give me Salad, Breadsticks and a boat of the alfredo sauce! lol My Olive Garden Kryptonite!

Oh Lord...I think the salad there might be worse than the breadsticks...sad, but true! How did the first poster get out of there eating 460 calories? I think think they had anything that low....
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options

Oh Lord...I think the salad there might be worse than the breadsticks...sad, but true! How did the first poster get out of there eating 460 calories? I think think they had anything that low....

I order my salad without dressing & I pick out the croutons. The salad & a bowl of minestrone soup is pretty low. Kinda defeats purpose of eating at Olive Garden though. :wink:
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I do that too! Calories are in a sense, like money...is that worth x amount of cals or $$. Great willpower!:smile:

I think of it the same way!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!