Do you name your car?

Options
katkins3
katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
I just traded in my old, black Saturn station wagon, named "The Hearse" for a new car.
Its a used Mini Cooper S turbo. I named him Watson.
Do you name your car? Introductions please....

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i do! my current car is Sam - usually Sammy. he's a red PT Cruiser that i bought on July 2 a few years ago.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Yes.....

I used to have a black Toyota 4Runner, his name was Valcour....

Now I have a black Acura RSX.....her name is Nesmay....

We also have a Jeep, I call him Jeepers Creepers

♥♥♥
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    yes! I call my car Mean Green... and then other times just Lenore. :happy:
  • hefinator
    Options
    i had a Hyundai Accent i bought brand new a couple years ago (don't have it anymore)... and her name was Jelly Bean... since the Hyundai Accent hatchbacks look like driving Jelly Beans!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I name mine usually based on color. The first one was Big Red (because it was a tiny '87 Nissan Pulsar). Then I had a powder blue Chevy Aveo named Homer (because Homer Simpson had a powder blue crayon stuck in his brain), and now I have an olive green Cube named Frank because it looks like an Army tank..Frank the Tank.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes.....

I used to have a black Toyota 4Runner, his name was Valcour....

Now I have a black Acura RSX.....her name is Nesmay....

We also have a Jeep, I call him Jeepers Creepers

♥♥♥

Haha my black Landrover was Valcour!!!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yep! My 1st 3 cars were Johnny Castle, Johnny Castle, Jr., and Johnny Castle the Third

My current car is Alexander DeLage
  • teatime4me
    Options
    Yep, I have a Honda CRV. It is taffeta white, her name is Taffy. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    The first car I ever owned was a peacock blue Toyota Corona. I named it the Millennium Parakeet!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    My cars in the past have been named after the salesperson that sold me the car.

Carolla: Shawnie [Salesperson was Shawn]
    Civic: Sunny [Salesperson was Sonny]
  • cecekins
    cecekins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I named my mustang Hidalgo! It's after the REAL mustang in the movie "Hidalgo," of course.. :)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    yes my car is an almost 7 year old kia picanto that i've owned since new (was my i'm not an adult until i've bought a new car present to myself) i love him to bits and he's called rusty because he is a metallic orange colour and one day will be (in fact he's heading there already but sssh don't tell him it might hurt his feelings)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yep! My 1st 3 cars were Johnny Castle, Johnny Castle, Jr., and Johnny Castle the Third

My current car is Alexander DeLage
    Lol..love it! Johnny C for life!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My Subaru Loyale wagon whom I loved dearly was simply named Suzie. She was reliable and strong, not pretty, 19 years old and wonderful. The fella that bought her is still zipping around town in Suzie. I have a Pontiac Torrent now... it took a long time for us to bond to the point where I could name her. After a sleepover at the North Country Fair covered in mud and tarps... I have dubbed her Gemma. Classy but tough... SOA fans will relate. LOL.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    Did in high school. I had a plum colored Beretta we named "Purple Thunder." I still say it was plum, though.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My Blue Honda CRV's name is Pearl :)
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    I have a 2002 Honda Civic named "Little Beast"
  • ennaejay
    Options
    hehehe! Always!

My first car was an '88 Subaru XT... nicknamed "Scooby-doo" just because it rhymed.

White 90 Honda accord was Al, short for Albino

Red Jeep cherokee named "Lurch"

and a silver saturn called "The Chariot" because it's anything BUT a chariot. More like a jalopy.

Oh there was also another silver Saturn - it was after the white Honda - nicknamed "Sal" because it was Silver and right after Al, and I didn't have any imagination at the time.

So far, Lurch is my favorite :)
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My kids named my car Sadie the Mercedes ;)
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The first car I ever owned was a peacock blue Toyota Corona. I named it the Millennium Parakeet!

hahaha corona is a beer!!! silly :)