Hello

Options
I am Christine, here to get my weight down for health reasons. Prediabetic and knee issues, I have been told surgery in my future and weight loss would slow it down and be better for recovery later. And I have battled thyroid cancer since 2014 and was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2022.

Replies

• mattWilson2534
    mattWilson2534 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine, I hope you’re able to reach your weight goals to help your health issues. If you would like some daily motivation, I would be happy to provide that! Feel free to add me as a friend 😊
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    Hi, Christine, and welcome!

I have knee issues and was told surgery was in my future, but that's been around 10 years ago so far. I'm sure it's still in my future, but weight loss significantly reduced both frequency and severity of knee pain, and I'm sure has contributed to deferring surgery longer. I think it has also helped to become stronger/fitter, i.e., work on the muscles that support the knee, stretch to improve flexibility in positive ways, etc.

I'm also a cancer survivor (stage III breast cancer) and severely hypothyroid (but not from cancer/surgery, and now properly medicated for it).

If you commit to reaching a healthy weight and staying there long term, it's very likely that you'll see improvement, too, IMO.

Best wishes!