In need of EASY but healthy recipes

Options
I am so determined to reach my goal on this weightloss journey....I need help from you!!! Because I work 10 hours a day and go to school, I am always searching for new easy ideas for dinner. I have done well thus far, but need some new ideas. Thanks in advance for your help :happy:

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If you like using the crock pot, and enjoy chili: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

I love this, and it's pretty easy to make a big batch of it during the weekend and have it during the week.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is the best place to get healthy recipes. Some are more complex than others but I make her meals 2-3 times a week and have liked every one of them! Good luck!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Perhaps on a day that you dont have one or the other and do your grocery shopping, that could be your target day to do some bulk cooking ahead - and freeze your meals individually?

The other day I purchased 20# of ground beef (80%), made homemade meatballs, individual meatloaves using a dedicated cup-cake pan, pre-measured-pattied up some burgers and left some as-is for future pasta sauce.

I also purchased 20# of boneless skinless chicken breasts - made some stuffed breasts with vegetables, stuffing for the husband, sliced up some tenders, diced and marinated, some with my homemade rub mixtures, pounded thin for future meals like parmesan, scallopini and marsala...

Prep up half of your vegetables ahead and some can be placed in water to increase their shelf-life. I usually will buy 6 peppers, but have three sliced up and ready to go. Onions I do the same, carrots, celery, etc...

I work about 50 hours per week as a chef, and then have my music commitment at the same university I cook for, so I hear the frustration... but... I swear by bulk prepping and cooking to help make the week so much easier to handle!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    before I throw in some recipe suggestions, are there any food allergies we all need to be aware of?

And how 'willing' are the family members to trying new things?
  • futureskinnygirl2
    Options
    I will check out that site too... been looking for good recipe ideas. Also below your weight tracker I see your goals for weight loss... how did you do that? I can't figure it out :0):smile:
  • trenakamille
    Options
    Thanks!
  • trenakamille
    Options
    I have no food allergies and my husband is up for almost anything
  • trenakamille
    Options
    thanks for the website....going to check it out now!
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    cleaneatingmag.com also has great recipes as well as health info. I just tried the skillet chicken last night and it was wonderful! My 5 year old even liked it :)
  • trenakamille
    Options