upcoming nights out and staying on plan

Options
I have been diligent about my eating and working out- I exercise at 6 days a week for a burn of 700-1200 cal a day.

Here is my question, I have a couple of special nights out coming up this week (and have already had one on Saturday night too)- Now, going out to eat in Little Italy in Manhatten is a bit of a treat- we only do it say twice a year. So, my question is this: because I know we're going there- do I pre-plan and stay within goal on calories? Or do I enjoy a speical night like that, workout extra hard, and know that because of the special occassions this week, there probably will not be a loss?

We don't eat out much anymore, so there is a part of me that feels when we go out, I should get something special that I never have... I am curious to see what you all do and how you handle the same situations. Curious to see if I sabotage myself and if there is a way to wrap my brain around changing my thinking...

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    As someone VERY new to food tracking- I would plan ahead to splurge. If you only go there 1-2x per year, it is a special occasion! Let yourself enjoy it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    enjoy the night out! 1 night will not sabotage your diet, so enjoy yourself and eat what you like
  • eiferjenn
    Options
    I would say eat and enjoy yourself! You only live once, you know its a special thing that you dont do often..so enjoy yourself! Fortunately, since you have been dieting and exercising chances are, that your still going to eat less than you would have say last year. So with that in mind, just have fun! (ps..if your really worried maybe add an extra 15 mins workout per day and cut 100 calories per day.. just a small suggestion)
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    there is some anecdotal evidence that an occasional calorie blow out HELPS weight loss. I don't know if this is true, but it's something I have chosen to believe!

Just enjoy your special meals out and don't think about the calories
  • FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Weight loss is not maintainable if you cut out everything you like. It wouldn't hurt to check out the nutrition information beforehand, so you can consider portion sizes, but it's more important to have a plan that you can sustain in the long run. Enjoy your special occasions.