Best Jeans for Curvy Women

rlmiller73190
rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
edited October 3 in Chit-Chat
I have finally reached my goal.. lost 33 pounds! But now I need to buy new jeans. I always buy jeans that need to fit my thick thighs, but they're too big in my waist then. I also get that little gap between my back and the jeans. So, who sells the best jeans (at a reasonable price, I am a college student) to solve this problem?

Replies

• I am a fan of Gap's curvy fit (for a boot cut). Also, Express has some jeans that I got recently that are really great for those of us with a curvy bottom/thighs, but a small waist. They're worth trying on.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    I like Big Star (Maddie fit) they are giving in the thigh....I own ALOT of jeans and have yet to find a pair that fits in my waist and my hips and thighs!! So maybe someone has the magic pair of jeans out there for this problem! :bigsmile:
  • I'm curvy - much bigger hips and thighs with a narrow waist. I love 7 for all Mankind. Many of the cuts fit and suit my shape. I mainly go for bootcut or straight but I also have a pair of skinny for wearing in long boots.

Good luck.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Levi 529, Curvy Bootcut. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    apple bottom jeans are perfect....and you don't get that weird back gap that most big-butted-smaller-waisted girls get
  • Levi 529, Curvy Bootcut. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.

i have to agree with these! i hate the butt crack show that i put on in regular jeans, and these ones are AWESOME without being mom jeans. =)
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    bump

All of these posts are great.. thanks for asking! I have the same problem and need a belt with 99% of the pairs I buy!! :flowerforyou:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    The best thing to do is find a store that has several cuts to try on. I have had the most luck recently at American Eagle. Don't pay attention to the size . . . try them on to see what looks the best on your body. When I tried on like 6 different styles, I had to try different sizes in them because of the way they fit certain parts of my body.

Also, I heard Levi just came out with a new line for curvy women but I haven't tried them yet. In the past Levi 515s were a good cut for me.

Lane Bryant is always a good place for curvy women as well. Just sometimes you have to search around for length if you are short (like me . . . I'm 5'5")

BTW . . . I wear 38D bra . . . have a size 31 waist . . . and hips are about 38-40 in the fullest part . . . just to give you an idea from where I am at.

I hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    bump :)
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Gap's Curvy bootleg.

Tommy Hilfiger.

Beyonce's House of Dereon (sp?)
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    bump cause this j.lo *kitten* needs jeans :love:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Ariya jeans - curvy!! I love them and their stylish! They are sold at Macy's. I love them!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Not Your Daughter's Jeans are fantastic. A little pricy, but worth it.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Bump...
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I am a big fan of Gap's 1969 premium denim line. I think the curvy bootcut and perfect bootcut both work well for curvier frames.

Edit: They're about $70 per pair in-store, but if you're willing to shop online, you can nearly always get some kind of coupon code for 25 or 30% off. They do have some stretch, so if you're between sizes, I'd recommend sizing down.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Ann Taylor Curvy . . . every inch
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    This post is such an eye opener... I didn't realize there were so many different types of curvy jeans. I've been only shopping at Lane Bryant
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Jag makes one called the "lucy"

I like Ann Taylor ( loft ) and Lucky.

Also don't be afraid to try skinny jeans. You have to go up a size, usuallly, and get some that stretch, but they can rock your bootie ;)
This discussion has been closed.