☘️ Ultimate Accountability Challenge March 2024 ☘️

Options
takinitalloff
takinitalloff Posts: 1,816 Member
edited February 28 in Challenges
The March edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge is now open and ready to welcome you! Our focus is on three simple daily actions that will create big changes in our lives. Join a positive and supportive community of people from around the world.

The challenge is so simple — and there is no question that it works. Whether you are in weight loss mode or, like many of our members, committed to maintenance: we invite you to join us in building Three healthy habits. Every day:
  1. Track your food, snacks, and caloric drinks.
  2. Keep to the daily calorie goal you set for yourself.
  3. Do at least 20 minutes of intentional physical activity.
Come on over, check us out, and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146178-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2024

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! I cannot recommend this challenge enough for everyone. It really encourages you to be accountable to yourself and that is one of the hardest things to learn for weight lose, health and let's face it LIFE in general.

Come join us.

It's harder than you might think to stick it out for the month. But just think how much you can learn?!!!🌟
  • Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Come join us !

That challenge is about what we can do - not the results.
    Whether if you want to lose weight, gain weight or maintain, you will find great advices and help !
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Recommendation is a 10/10!!

This is an absolutely amazing group of people!! Try for a day, try for a week, before you know it, you will make it through the entire month, and you will be so glad you did!!
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,492 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Group of People .. Supportive, motivating, and FUN <3<3<3
    Everyone Welcome -- Come Join !!
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I‘ll be joining again for the 8th month in a row. This group has been a fantastic support system and I love our daily discussions. Checking in daily allows me to reflect on my process and make adjustments as needed. I‘ve lost 25 pounds the slow way (exactly as I had planned to) ☺️!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Come join the most amazing and productive group on MFP.

Requirements are simple: It asks that you do 3 things each day:
    1) exercise for 20 minutes 2) track your food 3) stay within your budget... you set your budget.

But the value comes in the daily post...Each day presents a different topic by a different person. We have covered everything from routines, strategies & traditions....to resting and laughing (and boy did we laugh). :smiley: There is SO much information shared that will rock your world and you just might learn something and if you have something to share with us...BONUS!!!! Come check us out!
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to getting started!
  • takinitalloff
    edited February 29
    Options
    I said in my intro that "there is no question that it works."

I first joined the UAC this past July, so March will be my 9th month as a member. I would like to repeat that we are NOT a weight loss focused group -- we focus on changing our behaviors, in order to improve our long-term health. Anyone is welcome, whether you want to lose or gain weight; maintain where you are; or work on other health goals. That said, I personally did need to lose weight, and I'm happy to say I've lost 74 lbs so far! I honestly could not have done it without this group. Not only did the 3 rules get me to start exercising (and let me tell you, I started from zero, probably below zero in fact). But also, knowing that I will be checking in every day has kept me focused, even when it seemed like progress was slow... and has kept me from going off the rails on more than one occasion! Knowing that no matter how things are going, my fellow UAC'ers are always there to support me, and someone in the group might have a solution for whatever I'm dealing with... there's no other way to put it: it's priceless.

So if you're wondering whether this is the group for you, please come check us out and see what you think. If you're scared of one (or all) of the daily rules, come check us out anyway. Trust me when I say that we've all been there, we all had to start somewhere. You are not alone.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    I’ve been in UAC for a number of years. The accountability is excellent. The members are caring, sharing, and non-judgemental to a fault.

Come join us and try it out. You know you want to be successful, so what have you got to lose?

Although it’s not a weight loss per se, following the 3 daily practices are a great wat to start.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It’s going to be a strong and transcendent March!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I will try this even though it is going to be super difficult for me. I want to be committed to my own health in March, so I will join.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @Aquarian Making the decision to commit is half the battle! See you over there!
  • Aquarian
    Options
    @Aquarian Making the decision to commit is half the battle! See you over there!

Thank you! I am starting today (Feb 29) in private just to get the habit started 🤗
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @Aquarian That is a great idea, I love it! You're so right, why wait when you can get started right away.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    LOVE this group and checking in daily. It has given me the accountability I need to keep myself honest about what’s going in my mouth and what intentional activity I am getting daily. You will also have many “ah-ha” moments the more you participate. The option is yours.

It’s helped me lose 30 lbs, and now maintain that loss, but more importantly, it’s a really great community to be a part of.

Come join us!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    I think one thing the group teaches you also is that 20 min of exercise per day does not need to be some heroic effort. We decided that "exercise bites" of intentional steps of other things works just as well. For me in March I want to get back to doing 10 min of weight training every other day. it adds up.

So don't be afraid of the exercise portion of the challenge, Your NEAT will improve!
  • dancersister622
    dancersister622 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to this group, excited to become a part of the community and share my progress. My overall goal is to lose 80 pounds.
  • Aquarian
    Options
    March 1

Track ✔️
    Stick to calorie goal ✔️
    Workout - 40 plus minutes .
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I joined Uac almost 4 years ago now ans Just love it! Give it a try you will not regret it! So much wisdom and support! I learnt the importance of consistency and habit change through this group! I could not imagine my life without it! If you want a judgemental free place to achieve your goals this I'd the right place. We have members from all walks of life and at all different stages too! Loosing, maintenance, plateauing...We hve it all! Come check it out! Xo
  • LorettaSt2al
    LorettaSt2al Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. It's encouraging to have so many accountability buddies. I'm here because my PCP wants me to get back to heart attack proof blood results. I also need to lose a few pounds, but consistent activity is my #1 priority, then #2 calorie budget (have to track for that) and #3 weight loss.