Fasting

Options
Hello! I'm new to Fitness Pal and just tried logging a fast and received a message that logged fasts cannot exceed 24 hours. Why is this? I fasted for about 30 hours - I can't log that?

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    It's an intermittent fasting tool, not a fasting tool. So only meant for restricting food intake to a certain number of hours per day.
  • douglaswoods129
    douglaswoods129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too had the same issue. This is especially strange seeing as the most popular form of intermittent fasting is the 5:2 plan, in which you fast for 2 whole days (not consecutively ).
    The only way around it in MFP seems to be to log a 24hr fast in addition to time in the evening of the previous day and morning if the next day.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    I too had the same issue. This is especially strange seeing as the most popular form of intermittent fasting is the 5:2 plan, in which you fast for 2 whole days (not consecutively ).
    The only way around it in MFP seems to be to log a 24hr fast in addition to time in the evening of the previous day and morning if the next day.

The 5:2 diet, popularized by British journalist Michael Mosley, does not suggest fasting for two 24 hour periods. It calls for five days of the week that are routine eating days, while the other two restrict calories to 500–600 per day, not 0 calories.

Edit: accidentally hit the post button before I was finished typing.

• ronepley
    ronepley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a customized setting or more categories for folks that do a 18:6, 20:4 or even days