what's your Max

Options
I benched 300 on the hammer strengh 5 reps and 3 sets, it's not the same as a barbell bench but i have a bad shoulder and everytime I do flat bench I hurt it. So as a warm up i do dumbbell incline and there I'm up to 95 pound dumbbells 5 reps 5 sets.
So what's your max it doen't have to be bench press, but I do belive that sometimes we need to push the limits................................Come on people spring is 3 days away :flowerforyou:

Replies

• johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I benched 300 on the hammer strengh 5 reps and 3 sets, it's not the same as a barbell bench but i have a bad shoulder and everytime I do flat bench I hurt it. So as a warm up i do dumbbell incline and there I'm up to 95 pound dumbbells 5 reps 5 sets.
    So what's your max it doen't have to be bench press, but I do belive that sometimes we need to push the limits................................Come on people spring is 3 days away :flowerforyou:
  • salamander
    Options
    I'm new to the site... I love the info I'm getting from the posts though. I'm now benching 3 sets 12 reps and have 35kg on the bar... can finally do 4 sets of 15 pushups. Just last year I couldn't do a pushup, I had to do them on my knees. My next goal is chin up / pull up... any suggestions to help with that? I'm doing lots of lat pulls, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
  • johnblake
    Options
    I'm new to the site... I love the info I'm getting from the posts though. I'm now benching 3 sets 12 reps and have 35kg on the bar... can finally do 4 sets of 15 pushups. Just last year I couldn't do a pushup, I had to do them on my knees. My next goal is chin up / pull up... any suggestions to help with that? I'm doing lots of lat pulls, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
    the is a machine out there for assisted pull ups, they are the best way to get to doing pull up.
    or if you have a workout partner have them hold your feet crossed at the ankles knees bent and push off as little as possible then there are negative reps
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    when I started pull ups I had a small ladder at my pull up bar and let my toes get on the step and worked up from there...pul ups are really tough but really help
  • johnblake
    Options
    today was legs. and had 365 on the squat rack only got one set of 5 reps but I did do 5 sets of 315
    then hammer strengh leg press starting at 180 each leg and reps of 8 till failure and finshed it off with bosu squats till failure. great work out

who's pushing it to the limit?
  • stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    Last summer I hammered out:

160 lbs - 8
    180 lbs - 5
    200 lbs - 3 reps

flat bench...

Maxed at 505 on leg press back in the day for 10 reps...

Currently I am not in the heavy iron phase - i am all about light weights, high reps, and speed training...
    I have many goals, and one of them (besides fat loss) is speed for baseball in fall, etc.

Still pushing iron is fun...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I was training for PL last year, I got my maxes up to

Bench 135
    Squat 210
    Deadlift 225

I was weighing in at 135. My competition was on my birthday last year, and I won 1st place for my weight bracket and tied for the one above me on bench. :smile:
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Most body weight pressups in one minute: 70
    Most crunches in one minute:63
    Most bodyweight squats before I had to stop: 118

Quickest to ever run a mile: 5mins 30
    Fastest 10k time: 51 minutes

Longest time holding "the plank" on a gym ball: 4 minutes 18 seconds

Shortest time to be knocked out in competition: 1minute 28 seconds ha ha!
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Squat Press incline: 135 lbs... 3 sets X 12
    Lunges: free wights (each hand) : 15 lbs... 3 sets X 35
    Captain's Chair: straight legs & bent legs: 4 sets X 15
    Butt Blaster: 100 lbs... 12, 10 & 8

Cardio: (SO HARD):
    cross trainer machine:
    top level =20 : top resistance= 100.........
    45 min... level 20.... resistance 22
    BPM (15-45 min) = top = 190
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    my Max is Maximus....:bigsmile:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    About 20 years ago my bench max was over 600 with a squat in excess of 900. Today I can probably bench 450.
  • johnblake
    Options
    Deadlift 405 5 reps 5 sets

Mililary press 135 standing. 3 reps 4 sets

Hit it Heavy and hit it hard
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!