Zumba

Options
I'm sure this question has been asked 1,000 times before but I didn't get anything when I searched. Does anyone here do a Zumba class? If so, how do you enter it into MFP? It doesn't come up as an option to enter under Exercise. Thanks!

Replies

• lovinlife71
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com
  • chunkee1
    chunkee1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just created a Zumba category and then I log my minutes and manually change the calories burned based on my heart rate monitor
  • cylkysmooth
    Options
    A lot of people enter it as advanced aerobics
  • cylkysmooth
    Options
    Excellent site!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Any of those options will work, but I highly recommend using a Heart Rate Monitor. The number of calories you burn during Zumba can vary WIDELY. As an instructor I burn about 600 an hour, and I'm pretty fit. I know some people come to class and really put a lot of effort into it and probably burn as many as I do, but there are others who come and barely pick up their feet. Having a HRM will give you the most accurate burn for any activity you do and some of them are really not that expensive. Totally worth it if you ask me!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    A lot of people enter it as advanced aerobics

I think advanced aerobics is going to be way too high. It's not advanced anything by any means. I log it as general dance
  • melnem
    melnem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

Thanks for that site!! I have been entering mine as Dance, Modern, twist. and i think I have been underestimating my calorie burn. Could be why I'm losing so slowly, I haven't been eating enough!