Need to eat healthy to get a transplant

Options
colleypeggy
colleypeggy Posts: 3 Member
edited March 1 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone I am a 49 year old single mom of a wonderful six year old. I was just diagnosed with final stage liver failure. I need to follow a low sodium, low fat, high protein diet. I also need low fiber do to gastroparisis and low sugar because of my diabetes. I am determined to beat this and see my baby grow up. I will be a walking talking miracle. 🙌 iIf anyone knows of any good recipes please share with me. Thank you!

Replies

• laalba2013
    laalba2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You’ve got this! Every day is a win❤️.
  • colleypeggy
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Milsy777
    Milsy777 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    🙏 for you @colleypeggy and your 6y old
    You will be a walking miracle!
    I don’t know of any specific recipes

But good old google will know! 💖🪷
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, @colleypeggy! That list sounds like a daunting combination to try and figure out meals. Is there any chance you can get an appointment with a registered dietitian?
  • colleypeggy
    Options
    I have had an appointment with a dietician who has tried to help me with figuring out what foods I can eat and what foods to stay away from. Her recommendation was to eat the vegetables cooked instead of raw. That way they are easier to digest. And if I notice one hurting my stomach more so then others to stop eating it all together. lol not a lot of help but they are struggling with figuring out a good meal plan for me. So trial and error is where we are at right now. lol thank you all for the help and the prayers.