For those of you doing 30DS....

Options
I've been doing the 30DS with 3 lb weights, but I don't find this enough. I was wondering what weight others doing the 30DS use? I don't know whether to up it to 5, 8 or 10 lbs, so I'd like to know what others use so I don't maim myself, lol.
Thanks.

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I used 5
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use 5lb for 30DS.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use 1.1lbs and it kills me!
  • jcbernahl
    jcbernahl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use 5lb.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ive been using 3lbs & thats great for everything except the butterflies. i wish i had 5lbs for those only.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    did you guys see any results with 30DS> I have that video at home, I just prefer going to the gym instead of being in front of the TV, but if its fast results might as well give it a try.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use three to start, and if that's too easy I work up to five. And for the level 3 one where you squat and then stand and lift the weight over your head, I use an 8 pound one. I just keep them all next to me, and then whatever one I'm ready to use is the one I'll grab!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I used 5 pounds for L1 and then a mix of 3 pound & 5 pound for L2 & L3. Some exercises I found just too hard with the 5 pounds. Going for round 2 of the shred soon (sprained my ankle at gym on Day 24 of my first round this week), and I'm going to aim for 5 pounds this time round.

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I use both 1lb and 5lb weights. Mostly the 5lb, but there are a few moves I need to use the 1lb about 1/2 way through that particular move. Today will be day 5 of level 1, and I think I might do all 1lb tonight because my muscles all hurt so bad from t his video that I don't think I would be able to do it tonight with the 5lb.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    I use 3lb weights.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lb, and I feel like my arms are going to fall off by the end of the side lunge/shoulder raise thing!! holy SMOKES that one is hard!! haha
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll get some 5 lb weights and see how I do. Your input was very helpful. :flowerforyou: