Autoimmune

Options
I'm starting a journey trying to heal my body from all the flare up and inflammation I get from.having autoimmune problems as well as smoldering myeloma. I have read up a lot on how food affects it so much. So hoping thi is helps to improve my quality of life. Anyone else struggle with this?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have an autoimmune disorder...I'm still in the process of trying to figure out which one. Likely rheumatoid arthritis or Sjogren's syndrome or both. Right now, they are calling it undifferentiated connective tissue disease. I actually have a follow-up with the rheumatologist today, so maybe I'll get a diagnosis.

This is new to me as well. I'm trying out a medication, but I have also heard that people have had success with changing their diet. I have been told to try limiting meat, ultra-processed foods, sugar, and carbs. A colleague of mine went fully plant-based and said her symptoms are almost gone. I don't think I'm ready to go that far at the moment.

I already eat a varied and "healthy" diet. But, I do include meat and carbs, so that would be a challenge for me to cut out. I could probably reduce the amount I eat.