And the tortoise wins the race!! 10 years 2 months, 130 pounds 20 sizes lost.

Options
2»

Replies

• Keebspdx
    Keebspdx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Curious how long/at what weight were you able to drop the cpap? If I recall correctly, my sleep dr said i'd need to lose 30-40% of my body weight...
  • driedgern
    driedgern Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is an absolutely perfect post. You have done an incredible job.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007-I bought the salad dressing you mentioned. Not a huge fan--yet? I'll keep trying and re-reading your post b/c it has so many great ideas. Thanks again.
  • nolongergordo
    nolongergordo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Good job, keep up the good work :smile:
  • RuthieMJones
    RuthieMJones Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey! thank you for sharing it with us. It has inspire to be more diligent in keeping track of my own journey, and to be more accountable. :)
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That is SO inspiring! I wonder, do people you haven't seen in a while recognise you?
  • GetFit_Bee
    GetFit_Bee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous! Thanks much for the post--now I'm off to see just what a TDEE is!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    GetFit_Bee wrote: »
    You're gorgeous! Thanks much for the post--now I'm off to see just what a TDEE is!

@GetFit_Bee: Total Daily Energy Expenditure = TDEE = the number of calories we burn in a day via all calorie burning mechanisms, including just being alive (Basal Metabolic Rate/BMR or Resting Metabolic Rate/RMR), daily life movement on the job and doing home chores and whatnot (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis/NEAT), plus intentional exercise (Exercise Activity Thermogenesis/EAT) and a tiny bit from digesting/metabolizing the food we eat (Thermic Effect of Food/TEF).

TDEE = BMR (or RMR as a proxy) + NEAT + EAT + TEF, pretty much.
  • ujamgordo
    ujamgordo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello young lady! Your post is so motivating to me! You have done an excellent job with transforming your life and your body and you did it systematically; which I still have yet to learn!:) So, thank you again for your thorough and transparent post!
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're AMAZING!!!
  • truckexit
    truckexit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You do an amazing job keeping everyone positive. Your tips are iron clad. How do I know? Because I just hit the goal of hitting under 250 (249 lbs) from 340. 90 lbs lost in exactly 8.5 years, and I did it almost exactly like you. We're it not for this app, it would've never happened for me. So congrats, and thanks for helping others stay positive. --
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful, inspirational post!

Although I'm old enough to be your grandmother, I related to every word. I, as you once were, am a size 3X with a goal weight of 145. I have health issues, hives and angioedema. I go to buffets and eat a tiny bit -- of everything. I recently slid out of bed onto the floor and my husband had a real struggle getting me up. I've belonged to MFP for years and yoyoed, but now I suddenly seem to be on the right track since beginning on Ash Wednesday and praying daily.

Your new oval face is just beautiful, you (and your husband) will get used to it and love it.
  • bollyy
    bollyy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never comment and I didn't have time to read your text, but just seeing the photos is absolutely phenomenal. Congrats on your achievement!
  • Julieann404
    Julieann404 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story but especially for all of the tips! Best wishes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!