Hiw do I lose 2 pounds a week?

Options
Hello everyone! What is the quickest way to lose 2 lb a week?
I am only losing 1 pound per week currently. I eat 1200 calories a day with low carb. I do 30 minute cardio 7 days a week.
Thank you.

Replies

• lisamsanford1229
    lisamsanford1229 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm 5'2 and 165. I'm thinking I'm not getting enough calories at 1200 a day plus the exercise 7 days a week. I have been getting headaches and feel so so tired and fatigued. I just want the weight off quick!
  • lisamsanford1229
    Options
    I need to lose 40 more pounds quick. I have already lost 41. I'm just so fatigued at 1200 calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40 more pounds quick. I have already lost 41. I'm just so fatigued at 1200 calories.

What's the hurry? Some event? If so, then the plan should have started much earlier. Trying to rush weight loss isn't great for your body and usually not sustainable in the long run (meaning you'll gain back a significant amount of weight once you start upping your calories again).
    It's not a sprint when it comes to weight loss. It's a marathon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    The more you lose the slower you need to take it or the result is what you’re experiencing and that is not a good thing by any means.
  • lisamsanford1229
    Options
    The rush is I live in Arizona and in 4 months I'm going to be walking around in a tank top shorts and bathing suit for 6 months and I don't want to spend one more summer feeling like somebody I'm not. It's the worst feeling in the world to look down and see that you're fat and you're not reflecting who you are on the inside on the outside. I have never been fat in my life and before the weight-loss I didn't even recognize myself. So am I running a marathon? no, but am I trying to speed it up as much as I can? Yes. I will keep it off because I am never going back.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    Remember back to when you were a teenager? Remember hormones back then?

The mind is great. The mind can win some, even many battles.
    But the physiology of weight loss says you're messing with hormones.
    They are powerful. But more importantly,
    they operate below your level of consciousness

The vast majority of successful weight reducers regain. You have to move to a good 5 years of maintenance before the statistics flip to even for avoiding regain.

Can it be done? If it couldn't we wouldn't be here. So of course it can. Yet I've yet to meet the people who thought they would allow themselves to regain while they were successfully losing. Or not swearing that the would never put the weight back. Till the switch flipped and they found themselves on automatic and back at full regain plus a couple of lbs.

I certainly had more than one yo yo and that was even after resigning to being "unable" to lose and consequently not even trying for years. Many people go through this throughout their lives. Yet very few do the (apparently) even more difficult thing of slowly changing their underling daily reality.

You need to finesse your way around weight change. The more you push hard and rely on willpower to carry you, the higher the potential for push back.

As to the rest of it, I'll let others address self image and putting life in hold till at the perfect weight.

I hope you manage to find a good way forward both today and tomorrow.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    If you take it slowly, in 4 months that's another 16lb that you'll potentially have lost. That's quite a bit and you'll be starting to look quite different to how you do now. If you try to persist with losing more, quicker, there's a high chance that (as well as being miserable) your body will rebel and you'll end up bingeing and putting some weight back on. Far far far better to go slowly. You'll still be 16lb lighter than you are now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    The rush is I live in Arizona and in 4 months I'm going to be walking around in a tank top shorts and bathing suit for 6 months and I don't want to spend one more summer feeling like somebody I'm not. It's the worst feeling in the world to look down and see that you're fat and you're not reflecting who you are on the inside on the outside. I have never been fat in my life and before the weight-loss I didn't even recognize myself. So am I running a marathon? no, but am I trying to speed it up as much as I can? Yes. I will keep it off because I am never going back.

I empathize, I do. I can understand hating being overweight, understand how it can affect self image. I was overweight to obese for literal decades.

But "the worst thing in the world"? I think that's improbable. (How old are you?) It's my sincere hope for you that nothing else for the full span of your remaining life will be worse than walking around in a tank top and shorts with 40 or even 81 excess pounds. I think that level of good fortune is sadly a very unlikely outcome, but I do hope that for you.

You're getting advice here from people who've been successful at weight loss, some of the group "successful" multiple times. Some of those giving advice seem to have finally achieved escape velocity from a cycle of being fat, losing weight fast, swearing they'd never go back, regaining pounds and then some, losing again, gaining to obese, losing again, gaining to even more obese . . . ad infinitum (almost).

These people are trying to help you avoid that ugly merry-go-round, telling you how they achieved escape velocity . . . by slowing down, actually. By finding a new way of being in the world.

You believe that you are different, that you can will yourself to be different. I hope you're right.

Sincerely, my hope for you is that you reach goal weight, have a great summer, look sleek and lovely in that bathing suit, that that drives your life in amazing directions and that nothing ever happens in your life that is worse than being fat and not feeling like yourself.

I'm out.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • Rockymountainliving
    Rockymountainliving Posts: 26 Member
    Options

If you lose that fast, you will look down and see lots of loose skin. That is not attractive either. Slow it down so your skin has a chance to shrink along with your body.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Warren Miller used to say, "If you don't do it this year, you'll be a year older when you do."

It is said of planting trees or starting bonsai, the best time is 20 years ago, and the second best time is today. This is the same with weight management. You need to take the time to do it right. You need to take the time to build habits you will continue indefinitely. Suppose you don't get to your goal weight in four months. Suppose you stick to it for the next 12 months. Could you reach your goal in 16 months? More likely. Will you have to endure being overweight "one more summer?"

Start now. Go slow. Be reasonable. Give yourself compassion. Mostly, just stick to it and you will find success. It may be slower than you like, but that's just how it is. Like so many things in life, you can go slow to go fast.

I wish you success, and I hope you take a reasonable approach.