calories in morrisons vegan sausage roll

Options
alice8829
alice8829 Posts: 7 Member
hi!
does anyone happen to know how many calories are in just the “meat of the Morrisons bakery vegan sausage roll?

in one sausage roll, the pastry and filling is 381 calories.

i didn’t eat the pastry, i only ate the filling and can’t for the life of me work out how many calories it is, does anyone know the fillings calories or know how i could work it out please? thank you!!

the barcode number for the sausage rolls are 0237884 0015061 :)

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    alice8829 wrote: »
    hi!
    does anyone happen to know how many calories are in just the “meat of the Morrisons bakery vegan sausage roll?

in one sausage roll, the pastry and filling is 381 calories.

i didn’t eat the pastry, i only ate the filling and can’t for the life of me work out how many calories it is, does anyone know the fillings calories or know how i could work it out please? thank you!!

the barcode number for the sausage rolls are 0237884 0015061 :)

You'll never know. Just put in one of the listing for vegan ground meat, estimating the amount you probably ate
  • frhaberl
    frhaberl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Agreed that it will be nearly impossible to get a good estimate. The good news is that it shouldn’t matter much unless that level of uncertainty exists for a large percentage of your foods on a regular basis.

I think the suggestion to put in the calories for the full roll is a good conservative approach. In the future, you could go ahead and eat the pastry, knowing the macros will be more accurately reflected. Or you could find a vegan sausage entry that you think matches what you are eating without the pastry and use that. Bonus points if you weigh the portion you are eating and enter an equivalent weight of the vegan sausage, but ultimately may not be that much more accurate.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    weigh the sausage roll,
    separate and weigh contents then pastry
    look up the cals in the pastry (much easier to find a puff pastry recipe than one for the filling)
    minus that from the total sausage roll cals
    what is left is the cals for the filling.

get the nutritional breakdown the same way

of course that is a lot of faffing around, so best estimate is good enough for most folk.

cheers, h.