Lose 10 lbs by April 15th, 2024- focusing on a healthy lifestyle and enjoying life!

Options

Replies

• mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi @Yukie_OP, I swim anywhere I can, ideally outside, at the moment mostly in a lake nearby but I prefer the sea! Also a fan of the lemon water, don't honestly know whether it does anything but it's a habit I picked up years ago and it's as important to me as coffee in the morning.

Challenge this week will be that I am away for work so won't be cooking for myself and tracking by guessing. So very grateful for the hotel gym!

Starting weight- 170.6 (highest ever 😟)
    Goal weight by April 15- 160
    Overall goal - under 150

2/29- 169
    3/3- 167
    3/10- 163.7
    3/17-
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in.
    Grateful for a slow-paced Sunday. I'm really sore from doing yard work yesterday (plus my cycle started yesterday-sorry if TMI), so I'll allow myself a rest day.

Highest starting weight - 151 (12/25/2023)
    Current weight- 147
    Goal weight by April 15- 135

3/3- 146
    3/10- 147
    3/17-
    3/24-

Weight is a bit of a fickle metric, so I'm not stressed about small fluctuations plus or minus. Water-weight always has a role.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 10
    Options
    Hi Paz (and other group posters),

Well, here I go again. I doubt I can lose 10 lbs. by April 15th since we're already at March 10th but I'm hoping to lose at least 5 lbs. by then and keep going!

My weigh-in days are Sunday.

03/10: 150.2 (Day 1) - *RESTART!*
    WK Loss: 00.0/TL Loss: 00.0

I will try to enter a brief post daily and will post my updated weight each Sunday. I will also post the weekly stats from my scale app. This will help to keep me accountable. Below are Day 1 stats:
    aaseyx4vfmal.png
    Wishing you all a great week - the last full week of Winter!

💗 Carole
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for another chance to start over and share with new friends.🌹
  • phreekles7
    phreekles7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone to avoid emotional eating - agree when I'm tired/had a bad day I want to eat and I need to find alternatives to food to cheer me up!

Grateful it's a Monday, start of a new week and opportunity to start fresh and get back on track!

Challenge - busy weekend meant no time to log or record my weigh in...

Starting weight- 192 lb
    Overall.goal - 140 lb

March 2024
    3/3- 192 lb
    3/11 - 189
    3/17-
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Today I am grateful for another chance to start over and share with new friends.🌹

Welcome to the group! 5 lbs sounds great.
  • Paz922
    Options
    phreekles7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips everyone to avoid emotional eating - agree when I'm tired/had a bad day I want to eat and I need to find alternatives to food to cheer me up!

Grateful it's a Monday, start of a new week and opportunity to start fresh and get back on track!

Challenge - busy weekend meant no time to log or record my weigh in...

Starting weight- 192 lb
    Overall.goal - 140 lb

March 2024
    3/3- 192 lb
    3/11 - 189
    3/17-
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-

You are doing great!! Emotional eating is very challenging. I also try to find what to do instead of eating at night.
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in
    Grateful for: Trader Joes and their ready to go (packaged) salads - I can stock up with a few for lunches on busy weeks.

Challenges: I didn't do my early AM treadmill walk - i talked myself into sleeping-in with the excuse that I'm still sore from weekend yard work. The goal is to hop on the treadmill tonight, even if it's only 15-20minutes.
  • Paz922
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am grateful for my husband that took care of me during my stomach virus. It was pretty awful. Today I am feeling much better.

I lost about 4 pounds but that’s what happens when you’re sick. I would love to maintain that weight loss 😊

Challenge- I need to find foods that will be good for my stomach but without too many carbs and calories.

• Yukie_OP
    Options
    @Paz922 - As you are getting over your flu, maybe try broths with veggies (if not vegetarian, bone broth with chicken breast), you can even add rice or substitute with healthier grains (quinoa or brown rice).
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in

Grateful for: a smooth morning (as planned the prior night). Did my early wake time, lemon water, treadmill walk while studying, healthy & hearty warm breakfast. So far a great day.

Challenge: my hips are always problematic (stiff/achy), I'm incorporating mobility stretches after my treadmill walk, so I'm sure that should help, but these stretches often feel monotonous (boring).
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi all i am kavya, new to this challenge

Needed some motivation after seeing ny pics from recent trip. I really want to loose some weight and maintain healthy life style.

Cw 167
    Gw 155

Want to drink more water and try to workout atleast 3 days a week.
  • Paz922
    edited March 14
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    @Paz922 - As you are getting over your flu, maybe try broths with veggies (if not vegetarian, bone broth with chicken breast), you can even add rice or substitute with healthier grains (quinoa or brown rice).

Thank you! That is a great idea. I am doing better but not able to eat the usual foods that help me with healthy plan. 😊
  • Paz922
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »
    Hi all i am kavya, new to this challenge

Needed some motivation after seeing ny pics from recent trip. I really want to loose some weight and maintain healthy life style.

Cw 167
    Gw 155

Want to drink more water and try to workout atleast 3 days a week.

Welcome!! My first goal is 154. Exercising three times a week is a great objective!
  • Paz922
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in

Grateful for: a smooth morning (as planned the prior night). Did my early wake time, lemon water, treadmill walk while studying, healthy & hearty warm breakfast. So far a great day.

Challenge: my hips are always problematic (stiff/achy), I'm incorporating mobility stretches after my treadmill walk, so I'm sure that should help, but these stretches often feel monotonous (boring).

You have a great routine and love that you can study while on the treadmill. What are you studying?
  • Paz922
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am so grateful for my daughter graduating from college in May and got the job she wanted.

Win- I have been able to drink water, tea, and started to make cold herbal tea with different flavors.

Challenges-I have not been very active, so I’m trying to get motivated to go walk outside as today I’m feeling much better.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!🌼
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    @Paz922 - I work for a Wealth Management firm and and stepping up in my role to become an associate financial advisor. For the past 18months or so, I've been getting the applicable licenses (passed 2 state exams last year). Now i have left: Life & Health insurance licensing to obtain (which consists of a 52 hr course + passing of the exam) -- the material isn't exactly riveting, but I'll get through it. I gained so much weight last year from so much studying while sitting, i thought I should try walking on the treadmill while reading my courses on a tablet this time around.
  • Paz922
    edited March 15
    Options
    @Paz922 - I work for a Wealth Management firm and and stepping up in my role to become an associate financial advisor. For the past 18months or so, I've been getting the applicable licenses (passed 2 state exams last year). Now i have left: Life & Health insurance licensing to obtain (which consists of a 52 hr course + passing of the exam) -- the material isn't exactly riveting, but I'll get through it. I gained so much weight last year from so much studying while sitting, i thought I should try walking on the treadmill while reading my courses on a tablet this time around.

That sounds so interesting. What a great way to accomplish getting your license and also improving your health! 😊

I studied finance and economics, but I end up working in corporate focusing on marketing and sales. I am now getting certified to be a family coach, focusing on families that are having challenges communicating with their adolescents and young adults. As people say, change is always good! 😊
  • Paz922
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am going for a walk before it gets dark and then going to the gym.
  • LillianRen
    LillianRen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm late on this, but need a kick start looking 10 lbs

<3<3<3<3<3
    3/15- 162
    3/17-
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-