1200 calories a day

Options
I have lost 41 pounds on 1200 calories a day and I have 41 more pounds to go. I'm at 2 pounds a week weight loss. I have done every diet and realized at 42 years old that for me to keep weight off it has to be a lifestyle. Calorie counting and cutting out bread, pasta and refined sugar seems to work the best for me. Im doing 1200 calories a day, 30 minutes walk 6 to 7 days a week.
1 day a week I do 1500 calories just to jump start my metabolism.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    no need to jump start your metabolism.

However eating 1200 calories 6 days and 1500 calories 1 day of the week is reasonable if you are small and female

weight loss slows down as you get closer to goal, that is normal too.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    I have lost 41 pounds on 1200 calories a day and I have 41 more pounds to go. I'm at 2 pounds a week weight loss. I have done every diet and realized at 42 years old that for me to keep weight off it has to be a lifestyle. Calorie counting and cutting out bread, pasta and refined sugar seems to work the best for me. Im doing 1200 calories a day, 30 minutes walk 6 to 7 days a week.
    1 day a week I do 1500 calories just to jump start my metabolism.
    You can’t “jump start a metabolism” you can only go into a reasonable weekly calorie deficit that allows for your Fatloss goals.
  • jjjsroach
    jjjsroach Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • cfriedman44
    cfriedman44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 41 pounds. You are an inspiration to those of us who have been trying and become discouraged. Good job!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If it's working, you got it all figured out... :)
  • Namaof14
    Namaof14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jjjsroach
    jjjsroach Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing. Your rate of loss will likely slow down on its own as you get lighter. You won't have to help it. :)
  • soh8s2diet
    soh8s2diet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great progress!! I also somewhat follow this type of plan- I add strength training in 2-3 days/ week which I find helps a lot . Keep it going :smiley:
  • mlgdsantos
    mlgdsantos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me its working really well. Good job! Consistency and focus! You will get there :-)
  • Gsdluv6
    Gsdluv6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in n lost 6 more pounds!! So happy! Keep up the great work n am here if u need motivation or gentle push! Happy thrusday
  • Gsdluv6
    Gsdluv6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did great on tread doing slow jog n limited walking for 43 min. Trying to increase my time on tread by three min each or every other time. Working slowly on speed. Turtle here. Ugh. Have great night n don’t give up. Thank god it’s Spring!close enough