Weight Loss, each day is day 1

Options
I’m 5’3. 273lbs.
I want lose it but I’m very stuck in my head about doing it. Working full time and homeschooling my young is very straining. I’ve not had fun at the lake or beach for a bunch of years. I don’t smoke or drink or socialized or party.. food is my only crutch.

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    We would love to hear your progress. Please consider posting here again for support.
  • mlgdsantos
    mlgdsantos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you tried meal prep? Make sure you have good foods around you so you eat whats good and healthy... tempation usually spoils it all. I would work on the mindset and to free yourself from that "crutch" of yours... I hope it makes sense :-)
  • Julieann404
    Julieann404 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So many inspiring words (and people) on this forum. I was a healthy eater but a very overweight one. I just couldn't understand why. Finally, after again getting on the "tracking wagon" and printing out a month of food diaries, I could see what was REALLY going on! So food tracking (even if you don't change anything for a while) might be a good starting point. It's sometimes hard to be honest with yourself about what you are eating, but it sure is worth it (and no one will see it but you!)

One other idea I haven't seen mentioned. You mentioned you have a child or children. I wonder if there's a way you can incorporate some of their schooling in ways that will help you. Are they old enough to help with food prep (teaching them about measurements, etc.) or help with walking so it feels more like a fun family activity than punishment? I bet others would have some great suggestions on involving the kids?
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    So many inspiring words (and people) on this forum. I was a healthy eater but a very overweight one. I just couldn't understand why. Finally, after again getting on the "tracking wagon" and printing out a month of food diaries, I could see what was REALLY going on! So food tracking (even if you don't change anything for a while) might be a good starting point. It's sometimes hard to be honest with yourself about what you are eating, but it sure is worth it (and no one will see it but you!)

One other idea I haven't seen mentioned. You mentioned you have a child or children. I wonder if there's a way you can incorporate some of their schooling in ways that will help you. Are they old enough to help with food prep (teaching them about measurements, etc.) or help with walking so it feels more like a fun family activity than punishment? I bet others would have some great suggestions on involving the kids?

Exactly! I just started closely tracking again because I put back on a few pounds. Low and behold, while I thought I was drinking maybe 50-100 calories of creamer a day in my coffee, I was drinking more like 200🤦‍♀️