Anyone Had Gastric Sleeve Surgery? Help/Input

Options
I am just wondering if anyone on here has had gastric sleeve surgery? and if so how did they make out? Do you regret getting it done? Any tips or info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am on the list for surgery and it should take place sometime within the yr.

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Search in the conversations for gastric sleeve/weight loss surgery. You should find quite a few threads to look through!!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    it only worked for my family members for about a year because they didn’t stick to the post op behavior and food modifications. they stretched it back out.
  • mlgdsantos
    mlgdsantos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Remember to do the work as to why you gained the weight in 1st place... otherwise if no inner work is done, the weight will come back. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey :-)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I had mine on November 13th. My initial recovery was extremely smooth, I was able to be active (walking 10k steps per day) within 3 days of surgery. I didn't really have too much pain either.

I lost from 364.4 to 326.4 preop (my physician wanted me to lose at least 30 preop). I am down to 256.4 right now. Despite some complications in January that resulted in me getting a picc line and TPN (iv nutrition) and 3 weeks of work missed, I don't regret it.

I am working hard at building the habits which will carry me on after the first year: being conscious about food choices, getting 10k+ steps per day, going to the gym to move heavy stuff at least 3 days per week.

I did alot of work before having the surgery on drilling down on my "whys" and my motivations for the surgery. I want to be be able to be active in the coming years and decades as my husband and I become empty nesters and then retirees. I want to maintain my mobility as I age. I am a nurse and I see far too many de-conditioned older people.

Take it with a grain of salt, as I'm just over 4 months post-op, but it's been very positive so far.