Lose 10 lbs by April 15th, 2024- focusing on a healthy lifestyle and enjoying life!

Options

Replies

• Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    LillianRen wrote: »
    I'm late on this, but need a kick start looking 10 lbs

<3<3<3<3<3
    3/15- 162
    3/17-
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-

Welcome! You are not late! We can do this!💪
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday & St. Patrick's Day!🍀

Started my day with a protein shake, followed by a 30 min. walk.

Grateful for: a bright sunny morning with fresh air. I love seeing plants/greenery/nature during outdoor walks
    hwvcusgfjiuv.jpg

Highest starting weight - 151 (12/25/2023)
    Goal weight by April 15- 135
    3/3- 146
    3/10- 147
    3/17 -145.8
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I forgot to weigh in before eating today; so I will count my Monday morning scale weight as my Sunday weigh in.

Enjoy your day!
    ❤️ Carole
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been away all week, as expected it was very challenging to track food choices from the hotel buffet and the gym wasn't open before breakfast. Small win was that they provided slices of lemon so I could keep up with my lemon water, but overall it didn't go great:

Starting weight- 170.6 (highest ever 😟)
    Goal weight by April 15- 160
    Overall goal - under 150

2/29- 169
    3/3- 167
    3/10- 163.7
    3/17- 165
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-

Grateful for a new week and the opportunity to get back on track.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Just found another "lose 15 lbs." group with no end date; so I've decided to jump off this one and bookmark the other one since I know I will not make the deadline and I need to limit the number of groups for better time management.

Wishing you all the best! ☘️
    💗 Carole
  • phreekles7
    phreekles7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Starting weight- 192 lb
    Overall.goal - 140 lb

March 2024
    3/3- 192 lb
    3/11 - 189
    3/17- 188
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-

Haven't done very well this week, I try to do intermittent fasting twice a week and only managed once due to busy week and looking after sick my son who was poorly.

It's great to hear everyone's doing so well, makes me feel I can do this!
  • Paz922
    Options

Hi Everyone,

I finally lost 5 lbs! It is not easy but we are doing this together. Even if you have not lost any weight or gained a few lbs, this is the group for you. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't give up.

I am grateful for the beautiful sunny days we've had and my long walks with Snoop.

Wins- I have been walking and going to gym (3X week). I am keeping up with my water. My glucose levels are getting lower!

Challenges- my daughter brought home lots of sweets. They are in a pretty box in the pantry with her name on it. It may sound a little extreme but I have pre-diabetes and love sweets. I say to myself, they don't belong to me.

Starting weight- 164
    Goal weight by April 15- 154
    Total weight objective- 145

2/14-164
    2/18- 162 (with the flu)
    2/25-162 (I did not gain the weight I lost with the flu)
    3/6- 161 (I am happy with a 1 lb loss because I am not starving and does not feel like a diet)
    3/18- 159!! - I am so excited. I have not been in the 150's in a long time.
    3/25-
    4/1
    4/8
    4/15-

• Paz922
    Options
    phreekles7 wrote: »
    Starting weight- 192 lb
    Overall.goal - 140 lb

March 2024
    3/3- 192 lb
    3/11 - 189
    3/17- 188
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-

Haven't done very well this week, I try to do intermittent fasting twice a week and only managed once due to busy week and looking after sick my son who was poorly.

It's great to hear everyone's doing so well, makes me feel I can do this!

4lbs is great! losing weight slowly results in longer term success. We can do this!!
  • Paz922
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Just found another "lose 15 lbs." group with no end date; so I've decided to jump off this one and bookmark the other one since I know I will not make the deadline and I need to limit the number of groups for better time management.

Wishing you all the best! ☘️
    💗 Carole

Carole, That sounds great! you are always welcome! I would like to extend the next one and maybe we could keep it as 5 or 10 lbs by an agreed month without a date (example- 5 lbs by June). I will ask everyone what they think. Maybe it feels more flexible that way. Good luck!!
  • Paz922
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been away all week, as expected it was very challenging to track food choices from the hotel buffet and the gym wasn't open before breakfast. Small win was that they provided slices of lemon so I could keep up with my lemon water, but overall it didn't go great:

Starting weight- 170.6 (highest ever 😟)
    Goal weight by April 15- 160
    Overall goal - under 150

2/29- 169
    3/3- 167
    3/10- 163.7
    3/17- 165
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-

Grateful for a new week and the opportunity to get back on track.

I am so happy you posted! it is a new week. Being away and staying at a hotel is not easy. You have already lost 5lbs which is awesome!
  • Paz922
    Options
    The goal is 10 lbs by April 15th, however, you can determine your own weight loss. You can start at any time and the weight loss objective is up to you.

This a journey to improve our health. There are wins that are not weight related and are as important- increase exercise, drink more water, eat more fiber and protein etc. You may not see the scales move down but you are making changes to your lifestyle. Also, muscle weights more than fat so your clothes may fit better. Eating better and exercising increases energy and we feel better overall!
  • Paz922
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Happy Sunday & St. Patrick's Day!🍀

Started my day with a protein shake, followed by a 30 min. walk.

Grateful for: a bright sunny morning with fresh air. I love seeing plants/greenery/nature during outdoor walks
    hwvcusgfjiuv.jpg

3/3- 146
    3/10- 147
    3/17 -145.8

This is a nice picture!
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    Hi All a quick check-in:
    Grateful for the great weather recently- sunny but fresh.

Challenges: Recently started adding a protein shake prior to my treadmill walk in the mornings (per Tim Ferris of the 4Hr body: 30g protein w/in 30 min of waking up), which i like, because I do get hungry as soon as I'm up. However I also meal prepped Protein Oats for breakfast this week - which I eat later in the morning. These 2 changes has increased my calorie intake by about 300 cals, and I'm not any less hungry throughout the day. I'm hoping this doesn't backfire on me.
  • Paz922
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Hi All a quick check-in:
    Grateful for the great weather recently- sunny but fresh.

Challenges: Recently started adding a protein shake prior to my treadmill walk in the mornings (per Tim Ferris of the 4Hr body: 30g protein w/in 30 min of waking up), which i like, because I do get hungry as soon as I'm up. However I also meal prepped Protein Oats for breakfast this week - which I eat later in the morning. These 2 changes has increased my calorie intake by about 300 cals, and I'm not any less hungry throughout the day. I'm hoping this doesn't backfire on me.

I am loving this weather as well. How do you like the taste of the protein powder or drink? I I’m starting to look for a protein powder so that I can make smoothies.

• Paz922
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I did not have a great day yesterday with my eating. I went over my calories and the food was not healthy. Today is a new day and I just need to drink more water. I realize that yesterday I hadn’t had that much water and maybe I was just thirsty and not even hungry.
  • LillianRen
    LillianRen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3
    3/15- 162
    3/22 - 162 :neutral: (lost a few and gain a few)
    3/29 -
    4/5 -
    4/12 -
    4/15-
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    [quote=I am loving this weather as well. How do you like the taste of the protein powder or drink? I I’m starting to look for a protein powder so that I can make smoothies.
    [/quote]

@Paz922
    My aunt is an Herbalife distributor - so I get my protein from her (my favorite is the cookies & cream).
    My husband likes the Ghost brand protein (also in cookies & cream), i find it pretty good but a bit on the sweeter side, for me.
  • Paz922
    Options

Hi everyone!

@Yukie_OP Thank you for the info on the protein info.

I am so grateful for spending time with a dear friend. We had a healthy lunch and went for walk.

Wins- I am drinking more water and eating more protein and fiber.

Challenges- I haven’t been posting much. However, I am committed to this group and I will keep posting even during challenging days.

I have not gained any weight since I lost the 5 pounds and I am happy about that. I may be able to lose a couple of more pounds by April 15. However, I am not concerned if I’m not able to lose the total of 10 pounds. I feel that I have gained more energy, my clothes fit better, drinking more water and exercising more which helps with my mood.

Starting weight- 164
    Goal weight by April 15- 154
    Total weight objective- 146

2/14-164
    2/18- 162 (with the flu)
    2/25-162 (I did not gain the weight I lost with the flu)
    3/6- 161 (I am happy with a 1 lb loss because I am not starving and does not feel like a diet)
    3/18- 159!! - I am so excited. I have not been in the 150's in a long time.
    3/25-159
    4/1
    4/8
    4/15-
  • Paz922
    edited March 28
    Options
    How is everyone doing!

• Yukie_OP
    Options
    Coming in a bit late to update the weigh-in, but I did check my weight this past weekend.

3/3- 146
    3/10- 147
    3/17 -145.8
    3/24 - 146.2

Challenges - I didn't do any early morning treadmill walks this week. My husband's work schedule shifted this week (had to wake up 2hrs earlier) so it completely threw off my planned sleep.

@Paz922 - congrats on getting into a lower range (150s), you're doing great.

To all the group: we are about 2 weeks away from April 15th to work towards our goals! Even if the journey is up and down - if we keep our focus, we'll be better off than when we started (even if that just means we learned something from our approach).
    76pwr4683gjg.jpg