6 days

Options
Is it normal not to lose a kilo in nearly a week?

Best Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,112 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, it's normal, weight loss is not linear.
    If there is no loss in 4 to 6 weeks, then you can start wondering what the problem is.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,605 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Asking myself why ‘Is this worth it’, if I’m logging accurately in a deficit & still not showing a loss?. But then am I giving it enough time to work!

Patience, young grasshopper. It's all about patience
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,610 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Asking myself why ‘Is this worth it’, if I’m logging accurately in a deficit & still not showing a loss?. But then am I giving it enough time to work!
    give it more time. If in 4 -6 weeks of no loss or very little loss then you’ll want to revisit your data logging. You probably aren’t in a deficit due to a few different factors.

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    More context is needed to give you a sensible answer.

But generally, yes, it's normal. Weight loss isn't linear. Fat loss is gradual - even when "losing fast" - 100 or so grams a day, maybe. Water retention (plus digestive tract contents on their way to being waste) will fluctuate by potential multiple kilos from one day to the next, even one week to the next (or more) in some cases. That means water/waste shifts can mask fat loss on the scale for a surprisingly long time.

If you haven't run across it yet, this is a good read, especially the article linked in the first post:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1

Are you in a calorie deficit? How long have you been calorie counting? How many calories are you eating for what current body size? Do you eat exercise calories? Did you recently start new exercise or a significantly changed eating routine?

With some details about your situation, we could give you better suggestions about what may be going on for you.

Best wishes!
  • geminikarlow
    geminikarlow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • mlgdsantos
    mlgdsantos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stick to it... I dont know exactly what you have been doing to the detail to achieve your ideal weight... consistency is great too. Share what have you been doing... by the way one thing to remember (always) is that the weight did not "appear" in your life overnight, so do not expect for it to leave overnight either... I bet there are reasons holding you, let me know via DM if you want. All the best.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    mlgdsantos wrote: »
    Stick to it... I dont know exactly what you have been doing to the detail to achieve your ideal weight... consistency is great too. Share what have you been doing... by the way one thing to remember (always) is that the weight did not "appear" in your life overnight, so do not expect for it to leave overnight either... I bet there are reasons holding you, let me know via DM if you want. All the best.

@mlgdsantos Hey Maria, I see you've just started posting - welcome! I've also seen a few posts where you have invited people to message you. I wanted to call your attention to the Community Guidelines:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

7. To advertise or not to advertise? (Not to advertise!)

...I won’t solicit off-forum contact from which I might benefit, i.e., "message me for more info."

You can mention that you are a coach in various ways, and if people find you knowledgeable and are interested in what you are offering, they can contact you. Unless you are a "coach" for an MLM product like Herbalife in which case I recommend you watch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Is it normal not to lose a kilo in nearly a week?

If you have more than 60 pounds to lose it is more likely that you can lose a kilo in a week.

8817a7itcdp6.png

But, like others have said, weight loss is not linear.

Use a weight trending app such as Happy Scale (iphone) or Libra (Android) and focus on the trend, not the individual weigh-ins. I have Happy Scale and use the “Moving Average” as my official weight.