hi

Options
my name is Erin. I just joined yesterday and already enjoy it. growing up I was in dance and gymnastics and never had to worry about my weight and that continued through college. I was even doing well right after i got married but my husband was in the marine corp and was deployed to iraq and lets just say i ate my worries and between the time he left and finally came home i gained 20 pounds!! i am interested in losing about 30 pounds all together just to get rid of the 10 i gained since high school. i started working out about 5 weeks ago and have lost about 7 pounds event hough my ticker says 0. i decided to start out new here! so i am super excited!!!

Replies

• ErinS
    ErinS Posts: 20
    Options
    my name is Erin. I just joined yesterday and already enjoy it. growing up I was in dance and gymnastics and never had to worry about my weight and that continued through college. I was even doing well right after i got married but my husband was in the marine corp and was deployed to iraq and lets just say i ate my worries and between the time he left and finally came home i gained 20 pounds!! i am interested in losing about 30 pounds all together just to get rid of the 10 i gained since high school. i started working out about 5 weeks ago and have lost about 7 pounds event hough my ticker says 0. i decided to start out new here! so i am super excited!!!
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • elilexi
    elilexi Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new as well and I had a question regarding my calorie totals...if my daily looks like this:
    Total: 1,122 and normal daily goal without exercise is 1240 and with exercise it is this Your Daily Goal: 1,692
    Remaining: 570
    for my calories after i enter my exercise for the day does that mean that i need to eat an additional
    570 calories to lose the weight or maintain the weight?
    Thanks for any help