Trying again!

Options
I'm 69 and weight got away from me. I'm retired and been having fun and that included eating whatever I wanted. Got so carried away so now I'm trying to pull back and take control. Trying to navigate this program.....not easy but I will plug along. Hi to all. 9th

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nancy, and welcome!

I'm 68 and have been here since age 59 (loss then maintenance), and I'm also retired.

Food is delightful, but being at a healthy weight and reasonably fit is also a quality of life enhancement, IME. I like calorie counting because I can eat every single delicious calorie I've earned, but stay at that healthy weight: It balances that short term pleasure (eating) with long term pleasure (health and fitness).

Don't be afraid to post questions if you need help using the app. (Posting with a specific descriptive thread title gets best answers.) You'll see a wide range of opinions and communication styles here, some of which may suit you better than others, but IME folks here do sincerely want to help.

Wishing you success!
  • NancyAndrews977
    NancyAndrews977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have logged in for 2 weeks now and I am amazed at just how many calories some of the food I ate had in it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    I have logged in for 2 weeks now and I am amazed at just how many calories some of the food I ate had in it.

I knooooow!

I had the same experience at first when I began logging my food. The first calorie cuts were pretty easy, once I saw the calorie "cost" of foods I was eating that weren't all that important to me for satiation, nutrition, or pleasure.

Best wishes!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, I have been on and off here for years. I have also done WW, a diabetes prevention program, all with various levels of success. I need to get serious, I saw my health care provider yesterday, I am up 6 pounds from last March and my A1c is up .2. I do exercise regularly and I eat healthy- my problem is I like sweets and I snack. I agree with Ann, food is delightful but being a healthy weight and in fairly good shape enhances life. I know the choice is mine. Good luck on your journey.
  • Skimormor
    Skimormor Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    I agree with all above. I am 64 and wonderfully have had my three sons and their wives move closer and we have just had our first two grandchildren. The challenge is that I am much busier and making food for the family a lot. We also have been in sort of a nonstop celebration mode. I am 10 pounds heavier than I was for the last 10 years. One of the little voices in my head says “don’t worry about it, you’re a grandma now.“ But, it’s more about responsible eating and health. I want to be skiing with my grandkids in 10 years. I really like feeling fit and overall it’s more important to me than food. The hard part is that it’s easy to overindulge in just a few minutes of inattention or anxiety. I have upgraded to the premium plan in order to stay motivated and focused.