Hello I am doing intermittent fasting since a week and have lost 1kilo weight.

Options
How do I know I am on the right track of losing weight and not losing nutrition. For my BMI 1500s the daily requirement. I am taking only 900 to 1000 calories. Is it correct to lose weight and to achieve right BMI?

Answers

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options
    What are your current weight height gender activity level.

A 200kg 2.2 meter tall 22yo female working construction needs different nutrition than a 50kg 1.5m tall 75yo retired male jockey who is housebound because of his many past injuries!🤷‍♂️

Have you tried MFP guided setup to lose 0.5kg/1lb a week? That's a good starting point for most....
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    How do I know I am on the right track of losing weight and not losing nutrition. For my BMI 1500s the daily requirement. I am taking only 900 to 1000 calories. Is it correct to lose weight and to achieve right BMI?

Yes, please, let us know your current age, weight, and height, plus a little about your lifestyle (exercise if any, type of job (physical/desk)).

Unless you're female, aging, very petite, extremely sedentary (maybe mobility limited), not very overweight, or some combination, 900-1000 calories is likely to be too low to get reasonable nutrition. MFP recommends a minimum intake of 1200 calories for women (1500 for men) for a reason.

That does imply that someone who has lower calorie needs (because of factors just mentioned) will be better served by losing weight quite slowly, like half a pound or quarter kilogram per week. That will take time to show up clearly on the scale (weeks, maybe), but would be more healthful and sustainable. It will minimize health risks and reduce probability of failure (via giving up because it's too hard to stick with long term, for example) .

We can give you more tailored advice if you would give us more information. We would like to help.

Best wishes!