ALL I WANT IS A SNICKERS!!!

Options

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I believe all your calories should be of high quality. Even you eat it and work it off, its not considered high quality calories. :(

My take is that life would be boring if we only ate quality calories! Remember it's a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. Can you really go your whole life without any sweets, bacon and pecan pie? If you can, then good for you but I know it's impossible for me. It would end up in a terrible everything but the kitchen sink binge! So I eat chocolate; Almost everyday!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I believe all your calories should be of high quality. Even you eat it and work it off, its not considered high quality calories. :(

No it isn't, that's what makes it awesome.

Most people on MFP are here for a healthier and longer life.

Serious question, who wants the extra 10-20 years if there's going to be no snickers.

Not me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Would it help if I ate you and described the taste...

Can I do the same for you?
  • techymum
    Options
    My mantra to myself regarding sweets is this:

Is it a piece of cake for someone's birthday, or a sweet in honor of some sort of celebration? If yes, then I enjoy the treat and the moment.

Is it just Tuesday and I want a sweet? NO GO.
  • hzaverl
    hzaverl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why don't you walk to a store far enough to burn off the calories from the Snickers. Then take it home and put it on a plate and cut it up into small pieces with a sharp knife. No guilt. Just a slow eaten well deserved snack.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    DItto the Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bar. It tastes exactly a snickers and it's 100 cals I think? Soooooo goooood.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    oh my word, you've made me want a snickers bar now!!:laugh:
  • reinach31
    Options
    Thats all I can think about!!! I think if I have one though.. that wont be the end.. then Ill say "the day is ruined so I should have some ice cream too. Ill start again tommorow"...but then tommorow will come and Ill be craving MORE SNICKERS. Remember how good it tasted? yummmmmm... ACK ACK not sure what to do!

If you do, make sure you enjoy it.. with no regrets! Tomorrow is another day and you can burn it! or burn it today!
  • LouieMoka
    Options
    If you want it eat it because if you keep putting off eating it, you're only going to go to the cupboard and eat MORE of the food you shouldn't, which in the end would probably add up to the snickers bar you were really wanting!! If it gets to you too much, just do some exercise to make up for the calories of the snickers bar!! Keep up the good work though!!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    what about NUTELLA 5 - 10 cals a teaspoon and still like snickers with all the nuts and chocolate.

If not then go with it...feel the guilt tomorrow and work hard to burn it off x
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    When I want something really bad for me, I look at the calories, then the actual item and stop and think....is this really worth the calories? Or is it worth the extra workout I'm gonna have to do to get rid of this. Although, if you really can't avoid the craving, eat the small fun size and adjust it somewhere else in your diet. Depriving yourself of something you really like and want makes the whole process harder to stick to. I used to love coffee and tea (both loaded with sugar). The first thing I removed from my diet were these two items. I thought I wouldnt be able to function. Surprisingly enough after the first week, I found that I no longer want it.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Why don't you walk to a store far enough to burn off the calories from the Snickers. Then take it home and put it on a plate and cut it up into small pieces with a sharp knife. No guilt. Just a slow eaten well deserved snack.

LOL...am I the only one thinking of the Seinfeld episode where George started the trend of eating a candy bar with a knife & fork?

To the OP...I agree...exercise for it, and answer the craving (or see if you can just get a mini sized snickers somewhere). If you feel like you are depriving yourself too much, you'll fail eventually. If you've been eating really well for a while, you might even find that the Snickers doesn't taste as good as you remembered!
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    all i want is a bag of cheezey kale chips (there's no cheese on them, they just taste cheesy)... they're actually good for you, but i know if i buy them i'll eat the whole thing and it's 300 calories. :'(
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of what most people have said....you can go strict and deny yourself the pleasure. However, I try to live up to the motto of everything in moderation. There should be compromise somewhere, BUT you need to log it, own it and enjoy it. Once it is over and done, remind yourself that you had it and deserved it. Also, make sure to add some extra time on the treadmill, elliptical, or whatever it is you do in order to give you that cushion in your calories.

You have to live. For me, MFP has been helping me to learn about what I eat, how I exercise, and what the consequences are for both. I don't want to live my life without Snickers and M&M's. It is horrible to deprive yourself forever more of the sweet taste of candy. And at the same time, you don't need to eat one everyday or every week. It is about balance.

Best of Luck!
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Working in junk food and the snacks/foods you really want can work really well if planned. Pick a day and tell yourself that day you're allowed to eat it. Otherwise, doing it now is giving in to your impulses, and impulse is one of the main culprits of fat gain to begin with.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Skinny Cow candies? They are so good & very little guilt.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Go and exercise the 250 calories so you can have your Snickers, and then you will remember all the hard work you had to do to eat it so that next time you can crave it and say, "Is it really worth all that work?" That's what usually works for me, but then again, I don't deny myself something if I feel like I NEED it. At least with the exercise you don't ruin your day. :)
    I agree....exercise enough and you can eat ANYTHING!!!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    150 Cals!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You need to give into temptations on occasion or you're going to end up breaking your diet all together. If you want a Snickers, have ONE Snickers and stay on track the rest of the day. It's a mind over matter concept. Just make sure to stay in a deficit for the day and you'll be fine.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    One thing to say to you:

fun+size+snicker.jpg

Fun size bars have been a huge help to me! :D