MAJOR SPLURGE :'(

Options
My boyfriend isn't here tonight, and like every bit of time I get to myself, I use it to comfort eat.

I ate two mini trifles and a huge bag of crisps all before dinner, and ate TWO AND A HALF THOUSAND CALORIES today.

I feel like crying. As if putting on/losing 8-14lbs a week isn't traumatising enough! (seriously, what's going on there??)

I feel like a monster!!

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us. At least you know what you did wrong. Just scratch today and start fresh tomorrow; you'll be okay =) Good luck!
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get to you! Go for a good walk tonight and remind yourself to do better tomorrow! :)
  • tsmonaghan
    Options
    Hang in there! It's not easy losing weight. Maybe you should plan ahead next time he's going to be gone and keep yourself busy. All the calories are in the past at this point, just move on from here!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Cheer up buckaroo!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!!! YEAH we get to try again!!! Don't beat yourself up :flowerforyou:
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Luckily 2,500 cals is probably close to your maintenance (probably slightly over), so just chalk it up as a "neutral" day! Remember that you would have to eat 3,500 cals IN ADDITION to what you've eated today to gain a pound! Don't stress, and get back on the horse tomorrow!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Well I only went back a week or so in your diary, but you seem to pretty consistently hit your calorie goals, so don't sweat it.
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I do it too sometimes...I just have to remind myself that I don't have to hide what I want to eat. Sometimes I get in the mindset that when no one is around then that is my chance to eat whatever I want without getting caught. Just make sure you log it as soon as you eat it. I find that really helps me! Good luck, we're all in this together!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You know, life is tough enough without beating ourselves up. Pat yourself on the back for being here and recognizing the changes you want to make and move on.

And, for perspective, change your goals to Maintenance to see what a day-in-the-life of someone who is maintaining would eat calorie-wise. It may make you feel a little better. When I have bad days, I chalk it up to maintenance.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day like that every now and then. It'll be okay! Tomorrow is a new day and you can eat right from then on! And don't think of today as a huge setback, eating the high calories for one day will probably at least give your metabolism a boost/wake up call.
    For the future, I highly recommend you keep the tempting junk foods out of your house, because if they're not there you can't binge on them.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The important thing here is that you recognize what happened.....right down to the amount of calories consumed; which means that even though you splurged, you still looked to see how much. :-) So, just chalk it up to experience and move forward. You can't undo what already happened, but you can learn from it and do better tomorrow. Hang in there...you can do this!!!!!!!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That happened to me recently..don't freak, just start fresh from here. Tomorrow is a new day, no harm in getting right back into the swing of things. Comfort eat HEALTHY is the key. Get you some carrot sticks or something of that sort, eat some fruit, you can still "munch" just do it wiser. Go for a nice 30 min brisk walk..that will help you burn off some of your crisps. But bottom line, you will be ok, start tomorrow with your correct routine and you will do fine. That is what I had to do and I felt great for getting back into it the next day.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Obviously, whats done is done. but you need to sit back and think about what you were thinking during those moments. Why did you reach for those foods? Try to learn from it and change that behavior. Once you figure out the whys, then next time you learn and come up with another action instead of reaching for food.
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    My boyfriend isn't here tonight, and like every bit of time I get to myself, I use it to comfort eat.

I ate two mini trifles and a huge bag of crisps all before dinner, and ate TWO AND A HALF THOUSAND CALORIES today.

I feel like crying. As if putting on/losing 8-14lbs a week isn't traumatising enough! (seriously, what's going on there??)

I feel like a monster!!

you are not a monster...this happens to almost everyone!!! it's hard to realize that "comfort food" is not all that comforting. maybe while stuffing it into my mouth it tastes amazing and feels empowering but it really is not!!! there is more power in being able to resist the temptation. it's a hard thing to learn...but you can do it!!! tomorrow is a new day, you can start fresh :) just forget about what happened today walk away from the food and drink water!!! stopping binge habits is not an over night thing, too. you are going to have days where you just want to give up but just wait it out. if you want some encouragement I would love to be friends with you on this site!
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you know you're prone to binging on certain foods you shouldn't keep them in the house.

Don't buy them again and the binge won't happen again :-)
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    When I'm feeling down I exercise more, it helps me feel better plus it allows me to eat more when I want to turn to food for comfort. You're not a monster, it happens to everyone at one point or another. Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and you get to start again! Don't let it get you down! You're not in this alone either.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I just got done with a bad 5 days. Its in the past and I'm ready to move on. Stick the bad day in your past and move on with me.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, it happens to everyone! Start fresh tomorrow, maybe add a little extra exercise and no harm done!

Can you arrange something for the next time your boyfriend is away? Maybe going out with a friend or visit relatives so that you're not tempted?
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Is there anything else you can do to fill the time? It doesn't have to be something super healthy (at least right away), since just about anything will be an improvement. I am a big bookworm, so I can get lost in a book pretty easily, but what about something sully like playing Sims or Farmville on Facebook? :)