Struggling with the balance….

Options
Just when I thought it wasn’t going to be to hard to get back into the swing of moving more and eating healthier… my water intake sucks !! I can drink a bottle of wine without a single problem…. Glass of water on the other hand is like the idea of drinking pond water…

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Just when I thought it wasn’t going to be to hard to get back into the swing of moving more and eating healthier… my water intake sucks !! I can drink a bottle of wine without a single problem…. Glass of water on the other hand is like the idea of drinking pond water…

Try adding some sugar free flavor enhancers to your water. And of course you will always prefer a bottle of wine over water. Wine is alcohol, it's addictive. Water is not. You can drink both, but yes, you're always going to have to "make" yourself drink water.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    Lemon! I put lemon in my water. :)

Oh yes wine is my nemesis... lol
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    I’ve been having a quart sized decaf iced coffee with sugar free syrup and a couple
    Servings of fat free half and half. Delicious, refreshing and an appetite suppressant for me.

For breakfast I make sure I have two or three glasses of water to get my day off to a good start, because I’ll forget later in the day. One has a Nuun electrolyte tablet in it.

For some crazy reason, later in the day, I like to fill a glass with lots of ice and let it melt down til they are small cubes. I find that easier to drink. No idea why. Find what works for you.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Try sparkling, I do and it comes from those underground ponds that also have a few minerals as a bonus. You could even add some berry juice or citrus.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,174 Member
    Options
    I like sparkling water (in my case, usually LaCroix plain) with a few drops of bitters (like a person would use in cocktail recipes). Bitters come in various flavors beyond the herbal-spice/bitter ones (like Angostura) that are best known. A couple I like are grapefruit bitters or cucumber bitters, for example. Smoked orange is also nice. Bottles of bitters are somewhat pricey, but since a person only uses a few drops, a bottle lasts a long while. There are a very small number of calories, but trivial.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    I keep the single serving packets of crystal light handy. I like to mix it very lightly, usually using twice as much water as recommended.

And I second the LaCroix suggestion. It’s the only way I can get my husband to drink anything. He has dementia and he thinks it’s a soda. Definitely love the stuff in my house.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer cold drinks?
    Because for me the answer is always tea. Earl grey or green tea if your asking, but of course there are many varities.
    A nice big thermal mug with a lid and your good to go.

• Gsdluv6
    Gsdluv6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slice in ur tea or a strawberry or whatever can help
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Try sparkling, I do and it comes from those underground ponds that also have a few minerals as a bonus. You could even add some berry juice or citrus.

This is what I started doing. The cold sparkling water goes down much easier. I also drink Spindrift drinks. Unlike LaCroix, there is a small amount of actual fruit juice in it and the flavor is much better. Spindrift also doesn't have any artificial sweeteners if that's a concern.