Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Term 49 - 8-Week Challenge (April 5th - June 2nd)

Options
Neon_Vampire
Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,198 Member
Hello, everyone. We'd like to invite you to join term 49 of the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Here is the information as well as the application below!

Term 49 will be an 8-week term based on Philosopher's Stone. The term will run from Friday, April 5th (with full activities beginning on the Monday afterwards) through Sunday, June 2nd. Students will also have a few days into the term to submit their starting weigh-in.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, April 1st and Tuesday, April 2nd.

*** While everyone who applies to join Hogwarts will be sorted into a house, if you do not respond to the prefect who contacted you within a reasonable time frame, then we will assume you no longer wish to participate in the challenge and remove you from the roster so that late applicants can be sorted.

Therefore, we ask those who receive an owl on April 1st or 2nd to please join the castle and common room groups by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, April 5th. ***

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @Maalea or @Neon_Vampire (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 49. :)  

Sincerely,
Maalea and Neon_Vampire
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    @Maalea @Neon_Vampire I've submitted my application form!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,136 Member
    Options
    @Maalea @Neon_Vampire I've submitted my application form!

Great! Looking forward to meet you there. :D
  • teeter_tot
    teeter_tot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I submitted my application form and I put it as returning student because I did this challenge years ago literally probably like term 5, but not sure if I should have applied as a new student :neutral:
  • Maalea
    Options
    teeter_tot wrote: »
    I submitted my application form and I put it as returning student because I did this challenge years ago literally probably like term 5, but not sure if I should have applied as a new student :neutral:

That's okay, no problem! Welcome back :)
  • MsSandyE28
    MsSandyE28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Submitted. I hope I get in!! :#
  • Maalea
    Options
    MsSandyE28 wrote: »
    Submitted. I hope I get in!! :#

Your application went through, so no worries, you'll get your spot. :)
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I submitted my application. I'm so excited to make weight loss fun again😃
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    @belizozan10 - Here is the application to apply for the Hogwarts Challenge if you are still interested in joining us! :)
  • Maalea
    Options
    I am looking forward to the new.term! Just a few more days now. :D
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Can’t wait!
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Owls will be going out shortly so please make sure to check your PMs and/or email inboxes ;)

And if you want to join, there is still plenty of time so feel free to fill out the application and you'll get sorted into a house! We start full activities next Monday but we try to get everyone in the group by this weekend.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited April 2
    Options
    @Maalea @Kisame29 I'm really looking forward to this challenge!
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't received an owl yet, am I too late?
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    @Kisame29 I haven't received an OWL yet either....does that mean I've missed the boat this time round?
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    Hi @Emilienewme and @Bella_Figura!

We have received both of your applications, and you have been sorted into houses for the upcoming term. You should be receiving friend requests for your prefect sometime today, and once you have accepted them, you'll receive a PM from them with all of the information and the links to the groups.

Fred and George had our courier owls out all night as part of a massive prank for the staff before the term begins, so we have Hagrid giving them a quick health check before sending them out on their long journey to deliver owls. You should receive a friend request by the evening, so please keep an eye out, and we will make sure to get you both into the castle and your common rooms before the term begins! :)
  • Maalea
    Options
    @Kisame29 I haven't received an OWL yet either....does that mean I've missed the boat this time round?

No, you did not miss anything! You both have already been assigned to a house. :)
    But due to the holiday weekend owls are a bit late, they will go out today or tomorrow.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »

No, you did not miss anything! You both have already been assigned to a house. :)
    But due to the holiday weekend owls are a bit late, they will go out today or tomorrow.

You should have gotten a friend request from your prefect! Please accept it, then they will send you the message with all the information about your house and links to the groups. MFP messages are glitchy and work much better when you are friends with each other.
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Vampire @Maalea friend request accepted, thank you for sorting. Hope the courrier owls are in good health 😊
  • lifechanges2day
    Options
    I haven't received my owl yet🥺
  • lifechanges2day
    Options
    I haven't received my owl yet🥺

Got it thank you😃