Does when I do cardio REALLY matter?

I think I know the answer is that it's best to do it right after strength training but...

Currently I get up a 6am to do strength training, abs and butt.

Next week I want to start adding 30 mins of cardio but the thought of getting up any earlier than 6 makes me unmotivated.

Does doing cardio directly after strength training REALLY burn that much more fat and work the body that much harder ? Or do you think waiting until after work is ok?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Personally, I'd do them on different days.

There's arguments each way, and really, you have to work out what does the trick for you.
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Cardio after strength training is best...but for completely different reasons. It's because if you do cardio before strength training, you will have spent much of your energy stores on the cardio exercise, leaving you with a lethargic weight training regime. Oppositely, doing cardio AFTER, does exactly what it's supposed to do, increase your endurance.

I would never wake up early in the morning to go running, I just don't see that as reasonable. Everybody has a different clock, and I'm strongest and most energetic late afternoons, early evenings.